Model Cars Magazine Forum

What'd You Get For Christmas????

The main thing I got was time off from both jobs....I work 80 hours right now so I don't see my wife and daughter much..i've gotten 4 days from both(back at job one now unfortunately) I think that was the best thing because it was needed....gave me time to see my wife and daughter for a few days and get some building done on a 32 Ford quickie project. I also got money from my Dad and Father-in-law(also much needed for bills). The main attention this year was my little girl and her toys and stuff for my wife. I did get a car wash set, and a camo bath robe(cool!). As soon as the revell 32 sedan hits i'm ordering 2 along with some other stuff for myself for christmas(wife knows to just tell me to get what I want since i'm a picky model builder and not much to choose from in this town nowadays).

Gray

I got five healthy cats and one with the beginning stages of kidney disease....

Oh yeah, I also got a HUGE vet bill!!!!! Luckily, the cats are good for keeping us warm at night. Gonna have to shut off the heat to pay the vet bill B)

No, it is not that bad, I did buy myself the Revell 30 woody the other day.

Model wise I received Polar Lights Ghost Charger, Yarborough Mercury Cyclone and Revell Audi R 8. '30 Woody and some carbon fiver decals. Also "Get Fuzzy" book and calander, an iPod docking station (No, I don't have an iPod, but I do have a confused sister....) and oh yeah........tickets to Bruce Springsteen!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been through this before with another cat and it was not pretty. The vet is confident that we caught the kidney disease early enough that it shouldn't impede her lifestyle too much. He says that with treatment and the proper food she may be back to normal in 6 mos to a year. The wife and I are very confident in her recovery as well. I am more worried about the wife's reaction than the cat's. She is not good with letting go of the kitties. Although, two of the six are kittens, only about 3 months old. They are fireballs. Two speeds only, Ramming speed and sleep. :)

Edited by Ken

How does that little guy run, I'm debating getting one of those.

Pretty good, but I do have a few recommendations as what to install first; Bearings, Peak Charger for Ni-MH pack (Motors have very short lives with the Li-Po), Threaded axles (I hate the e-clips they use to hold the wheels on with a passion, they're same as used on my Min-T for the hingepin retainers), and last but not least.....RPM Bumper for Micro-T (fits perfect with MDT body!) I'd love to do this someday too :)

Here's a pic of it with the RMX PT Cruiser Convertable I built last winter

MDTPTC1.jpg

I got America Greatest hits, a couple gift cards, and a Aztek A4709 Airbrush Set.

That's too wierd. I got the same CD for my wife with the thinking she's a big Crosby, Stills, and Nash fan, she should like America's greatest hits. She didn't. You would think I would better at this after 13 years, but there you go. So I ended up with the CD and I like it. To keep this from being Off Topic for models, I also received MPC's 1/20 McLaren Mk8d from my brother. The fact that I had this one as a kid, it's such a cool subject, and I have to finally get something my brother gave me built will allow me to overcome my scale bigotry and get this one built in 2008. Has anyone built this one? Things to look out for? Preliminary research has the injector stacks black, the rear airfoil also appears to be black, as do the small fins over the front wheeels. The wheel centers also seem to be a cast aluminum color while the outer wheel is a polished aluminum. I'd love to see images of people's finished models or the 1:1 if they have them. Thanks in advance, Jason