Model Cars Magazine Forum

`64 GTO street machine

alfa_owner

Currently working through a few projects, but due to the lousy cold weather in the UK I cant spray anything, so working on some older part built projects.

This is the 1:24 Monogram `64 GTO kit, sprayed with Dupli colour rattle can, a ford UK metallic purple and dupli clear. Taken indoors at night so lighting not the best.

Needs the hood and nose cone section sprayed (fat chance for the next few months then :lol: ) and couple of small parts fitting. Still novice with the BMF, and the side window trim caused me grief so ended up using silver paint along with bmf.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/lee...es/DSC00327.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/lee...es/DSC00328.jpg

Thanks for looking, and any comments or critisism welcome, Lee

Thanks for the comments everyone, these monogram kits are superb to work with, Im guessing the reissues in revell boxes are the same old toolings too.

When I was a kid I imagined everything street etc in the states had a nose down stance due to my matchbox toy cars, and its stuck with me all these years B)

Thanks for the comments everyone, these monogram kits are superb to work with, Im guessing the reissues in revell boxes are the same old toolings too.

Yep, they sure are.

When I was a kid I imagined everything street etc in the states had a nose down stance due to my matchbox toy cars, and its stuck with me all these years :D

You and me both brother.

000_0096.jpg

Hey Rob very nice, of all the colours to choose we both go for a met purple, ;) I wondered what the decals would look like, now I know, they work well. See you cut the rear 3/4 window sides out, i didnt have the nerve to try it, and what wheels have you gone with?

Glad you liked it. I didn't care for the kit supplied tires/wheels so I grabbed some from the parts bins. I don't recall where they came from. But I did dechome them and use an aluminum satin paint so that they aren't so eye grabbing. The decals are really good quality and look great on the purple. The 3/4 windows are easy to remove just use the back side of a #11 razor blade and slowly remove material until they come off clean. Then just sand it smooth.

Congrats on a great looking model.