Model Cars Magazine Forum

Missing Photobucket albums

Yes, but it also says in the third bullet after the line you quoted;

"When you make your Content public, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to copy, distribute, stream, post publicly display (e.g. post it elsewhere), reproduce and create derivative works from it (meaning things based on it), anywhere, whether in print or any kind of electronic version that exists now or is later developed, for any purpose, including a commercial purpose."

So combine those 2 quotes and what do you have?

To me it says that they can do what they want with your pictures (including making money) but if there are any comebacks from that use then you will be getting the subpoenas not them...

To me it says that they can do what they want with your pictures (including making money)...

That is correct. If a viewer likes your photo, they can order merchandise from the photo hosting site with your photo on it; mugs, t-shirts, magnets, etc.

My GF is a dog breeder and takes wonderful photos. Her photos of her dogs from her photo hosting site started showing up on merchandise being sold by a vendor at dog shows and she had no recourse to stop it. Yes, she still owned the rights to her photos but her photo site also has been given permission, per her membership, to do whatever they want with them, including selling them commercially.

Yes, but it also says in the third bullet after the line you quoted;

"When you make your Content public, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to copy, distribute, stream, post publicly display (e.g. post it elsewhere), reproduce and create derivative works from it (meaning things based on it), anywhere, whether in print or any kind of electronic version that exists now or is later developed, for any purpose, including a commercial purpose."

So combine those 2 quotes and what do you have?

To me it says that they can do what they want with your pictures (including making money) but if there are any comebacks from that use then you will be getting the subpoenas not them...

Ahh, I missed that part, my mistake

If you want your images to remain your images, set your albums to "Private."

People can still copy them when they're posted in places like here on the forum, they just can't directly view them in your album.

People can still copy them when they're posted in places like here on the forum, they just can't directly view them in your album.

Correct, but that will stop people from buying prints or whatever else with your photos , I think thats what Harry was saying make your albums private for

Correct, but that will stop people from buying prints or whatever else with your photos , I think thats what Harry was saying make your albums private for

Right. Setting your albums to private keeps the images only in your albums, the public can't see them (or steal them!).

Of course, once you post an image on a public forum or anywhere else online that's open to public viewing, you're basically giving everyone access to your image. But at least by having your albums private, you can control which images you allow the world to see (and potentially save onto their own computer).

Guest G Holding

So if you don't want anyone to use YOUR image...WATERMARK IT!!...takes a second or two in PS or any editor, and rarely will anyone remove a watermark on a copyrighted image, use it and not be caught...

So if you don't want anyone to use YOUR image...WATERMARK IT!!...takes a second or two in PS or any editor, and rarely will anyone remove a watermark on a copyrighted image, use it and not be caught...

How do you go about doing water marks, or is that to much to put in a reply here?

I do have PS and might just do that

Edited by martinfan5

Guest G Holding

How do you go about doing water marks, or is that to much to put in a reply here?

I do have PS and might just do that

with PS you can make a text file or make it a brush..Whatever way you do it, add it to a layer over your image..to get the look, reduce the layers opacity. This tut will give you some ideas...I use white letters, fancy font..., and put them in low contrast parts to make them harder to remove....(there are lots of tuts to remove watermarks! :( )

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/copyright/

with PS you can make a text file or make it a brush..Whatever way you do it, add it to a layer over your image..to get the look, reduce the layers opacity. This tut will give you some ideas...I use white letters, fancy font..., and put them in low contrast parts to make them harder to remove....(there are lots of tuts to remove watermarks! :( )

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/copyright/

Thank you Greg, yes I know I could of googled it , I was being lazy :lol: