Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 rust in peace,1-21-15 MOVED TO DIORAMAS ,

The tires will be flattened latter .

the method I use is to remove plastic from the back side with a dremel tool to thin the plastic and then I can poke holes though the plastic with a hobby knife or what ever I need to get the results I need . HOPE THIS HELPS

Hope you post pictures of the process-I'd like to see it in more detail.

I know there are different ways of achieving the look, but I always like to find new tips.

Keep up the good work

This is the best thing I have seen you post so far!You are certainly expanding your skills.The thinness of the sheet metal and rust holes are making it look very realistic.

Do you apply the rust color with a small piece of sponge to get that effect?

Thanks for continuing to share.

TOM , Thanks for the kind words .I use a regular paint brush , I will try and do a tutorial on how I get the rust effect that I do . I am out of work due to back problems and waiting surgery so I should have time .the rust color is about 3-6 colors added one after a nother .

THANKS GUY,S , I got some painting done and started on some of the detail wiring . yesterday I spent all of to day in bed after seeing the DR,S .for my up coming surgery .I know alot of these details will be unseen when this is done ,but I,ll know they are there .

fbly5k.jpg

Edited by bpletcher55

All the wiring adds so much and looks right .. slight color shows through all your heavy rust adding to the realism. I'm sure glimpses of all this will show through in th eend and makes it all worth the trouble. Plus, WE get to see it all as it's being built! :)

• 2 weeks later...