Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC - 1968 Coronet convertible

gtx6970

This has been sitting in a cubbyhole on my desk for years. I was looking for something else completely unrelated this morning when I stumbled across it. Painted , foiled and interior was done. Essentially complete except engine.

This started life as a glue bomb1968 RT hardtop that the roof was heavily damgaged from gluing the glass in ,,, so there was no saving that part. There for ,,,I decided to make it a vert using the windshield frame and glass form the amt 69 GTX vert kit. Fit is ,,ok,. Its far from perfect but I'm going to call it good enough. I want it out of the box and in the case . In my mind if I take it aprt to fix it,,it'll sit for another 10 years.

So,,,i decided to see what it was going to take to finish it and go from the shadows to the display case. Glued the interior and chassis in place this morning, Dug out some tires and wheels form the parts box, Found a boot cover and glued it on . to get to what you see here

Essentially,,,From pieces to almost a display piece in under an hour ( decided to finish it as a curbside so there no engine in it and the hood is very lightly glued down,,,,,,for now )

I have to find the rear bumper , glue both bumpers on and some smaller pieces like a shifter and mirrors and in the case it goes . It's been hiding in the dark for far, far, far to long ( nearly 10 years I think )

I plan to finish it,,,,,, tonight.

Its supposed to be a replica of a good friends 1/1 car in the same color combination. Blue ext with blue and white interior. 440 auto.

If I can find another priced reasonably , I will do it for me and give this one to that cars owner

post-9887-0-51721600-1422375761_thumb.jp

Edited by gtx6970