Model Cars Magazine Forum

From what I can see of the front fender, it looks more like the International M5 than the White M3. This is what the Monogram half-track kit is.

IIRC most of the Internationals went to Russia while we used the Whites.

Is it fairly complete? Enough of it there to restore? Restored, it could be worth as much as a good vintage musclecar. Hell, it's got a good deal of value just as it sits.

This is a VERY cool thing you have!

Oh, but that is sooooooo sweet!!! Now THAT deserves to be totally restored as there can't be very many of those left! It looks fairly complete based on what can be seen of it. No doubt there is someone somewhere who would really like to buy it and give it the love it deserves. Do you have any other photos of it? Does your uncle have any other neat stuff like that? It's good that someone preseved it as opposed to cutting it up for scrap and the almighty dollar.

Kits available from 1/72 to 1/6, but not in 1/24-25.

I think all those, except the Monogram, are of the White M3 (or variants such as the M16). The Monogram, in 1/32, is the only IH M5 I know of.

Shouldn't be too hard to do a White to IH conversion if one wanted, though. Squadron has a nice book with good drawings.