Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL XXIV Photos

sfhess

Last count I heard was about 180 cars on the tables. They was aveging 18 to 20 cars a class with 1 class was taken out because of no enterys and 2 classes had less then 8 people in them. So figur 16 adult classes at 18 to 20 cars.

I see.

I always thought it was redundant to other competition classes ... and a small niche, as well.

It was pretty good sized class at the last event, as GSL is in Salt Lake, close to Bonneville after all, but I had the only entry with a Long John Dragster this year. Since I was the only entry, and the Long John was mostly a drag car anyway (with some Land Speed History), I had the judges move it.

Thanks for sharing the pics, Scott. It was a great show and the quality ran deep. My entry was in Motorcycles which is usually pretty sleepy. NOT this year. There were at least 4 excellent builders with multiple entries this year. I considered myself lucky to place third. By the way. I didn't see a pic of my model in amongst your 570+ photos!!! What the hey!!! :D

See you in two years!

And to all of you who say it is on their bucket list to go to GSL - You are fools! Put it on your schedule, not your bucket list. That is like saying maybe I will have a good time before I die - if I get around to it!

Edited by Modelmartin