Model Cars Magazine Forum

After Market Rumors for Trumpeter GT40

I believe Scale Motorsports abandoned their super detail kit due to the model being to toy like.

Maybe someone else has jumped in to fill the void?

Chris

One must remember what Scale Motorsport excels in; photoetch, decals, & DVD's. If you look at a vintage GT40, there's not a lot there that requires a bunch of photoetch sheets & carbon fiber decals, the bread & butter of Scale Motorsport. What the kit needs help with most are the 3 dimensional parts; better seats, perhaps better suspension, better engine detail, better tires/tread. We shall see if anything happens.

I believe Scale Motorsports abandoned their super detail kit due to the model being to toy like.

Maybe someone else has jumped in to fill the void?

Chris

The Trumpeter GT40... toylike!? Yeah, it's got it's hiccups, but I can't really see how you could call the thing toylike!

If THIS kit is toylike, what about their '78 Monte Carlo kit? 'Dog chew-toy like?'

Easy Chuck!! LOL

That's what I read on another forum. I'm not saying it's toy-like, in fact I can't say anything as I haven't looked at one.

Hoping to get my eyes on one this spring. IF anything I can see some faults in the kit as well just from the article that was in Scale Auto.

I can only imagine what the Monte Carlo kit is like.

Chris

Anybody heard any aftermarket items for the 1/12 GT40? The only one I know of is the CD Scale Motorsport is doing from the pictures they took @ Holman Moody.

ThunderValleyf1 is going to be producing a highly detailed set. They are taking reservations now but no firm release date as the owner is backed up with several super detail sets.

Easy Chuck!! LOL

That's what I read on another forum. I'm not saying it's toy-like, in fact I can't say anything as I haven't looked at one.

Hoping to get my eyes on one this spring. IF anything I can see some faults in the kit as well just from the article that was in Scale Auto.

I can only imagine what the Monte Carlo kit is like.

Chris

Whoa, easy there Mr. Batma... ah, Batson! That SO wasn't an attack on you! ;) Just the people who think the Trupeter GT40 is 'toylike'.

Maybe the Monte Carlo is more 'turdlike'.... :rolleyes:

ThunderValleyf1 is going to be producing a highly detailed set. They are taking reservations now but no firm release date as the owner is backed up with several super detail sets.

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the forum!

Whoa, easy there Mr. Batma... ah, Batson! That SO wasn't an attack on you! :lol: Just the people who think the Trupeter GT40 is 'toylike'.

Maybe the Monte Carlo is more 'turdlike'.... :o

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the forum!

LOL, Hey Chuck, I knew you weren't attacking me.

Chris

Thanks for the heads up here is what the site said:

1966 LeMan Winning Ford GT40 MkII Super Kit / Planned June 2010 Release

We had the distinct pleasure of being granted access to the actual 1966 LeMan winning Ford GT40 by it’s kind and gracous owner. We have photographed the car for our research and product development and will return to photograph the car once again to create our exclusinve reference CD. The CD will be included with the Super Kit and will also be available in our “On the Grid†series of reference CD’s at a very nominal price.

The GT40 is a car that put Thunder Valley on the map as a high quality after-market kit manufacturer and with the release of a long awaited 1/12th scale GT40 kit (Thank You Trumpeter!!!) we will once again offer a fantastic upgrade kit at a reasonable price. As with all our Super Kits, this one will agian contain a great deal of photo etch, cast metal and resin parts as well as machined fittings.

We are accepting reservations for this kit

Thunder Valley F1

Here's the link more zeroed in...........scroll down a scooch. Some other neat items coming soon too!

Pretty much what's below is there.........I'd love to get one of these sets!

1966 LeMan Winning Ford GT40 MkII Super Kit / Planned June 2010 Release

We had the distinct pleasure of being granted access to the actual 1966 LeMan winning Ford GT40 by it’s kind and gracous owner. We have photographed the car for our research and product development and will return to photograph the car once again to create our exclusinve reference CD. The CD will be included with the Super Kit and will also be available in our “On the Grid†series of reference CD’s at a very nominal price.

The GT40 is a car that put Thunder Valley on the map as a high quality after-market kit manufacturer and with the release of a long awaited 1/12th scale GT40 kit (Thank You Trumpeter!!!) we will once again offer a fantastic upgrade kit at a reasonable price. As with all our Super Kits, this one will agian contain a great deal of photo etch, cast metal and resin parts as well as machined fittings.

We are accepting reservations for this kit and as soon as we are close to shipping we’ll contact each customer to confirm their order.

3955518017_0a0ccdfece.jpg

1966 LeMan Winning Ford GT40 MkII

Image Copyright 2009 Raterink Group, Inc. / All Rights Reserved

I didn't see anywhere one could make a reservation Len. I would call them directly (the number's on the "how to order" page) and see if they can take a reservation on the phone.

Sounds like it's going to be a neat set! I'm curious as to how much it will cost WITHOUT buying the kit as I already have one. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw on KA models web site a super detail set is available from them now. Around $150 includes photo etch, resin corrected seats and white metal exhaust and drive shafts. The kit is available in broken of groups for less money.

Thanks Bob. I went to their site & order the "full" kit. I love buying stuff from Kevin @ Strada.

He sent me this e-mail after I placed the order:

Hi Len

It didn't take you long to find this!! We should have these in about two weeks.

Regards,Kevin

He's a great guy to deal with & a good friend. One of my best friends is one of the two guys who was Two Guys Racing w/Kevin years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

He's a great guy to deal with & a good friend. One of my best friends is one of the two guys who was Two Guys Racing w/Kevin years ago.

Strada upgrades looks impressive. I still don't understand why SMS dropped out of this. I still think the kit itself is a great base kit...Please Strada...if orders are up...please do a full blown Super Detailed Kit for this!...throw in a photo-etch set of keys and I'm definately in!

Strada upgrades looks impressive. I still don't understand why SMS dropped out of this. I still think the kit itself is a great base kit...Please Strada...if orders are up...please do a full blown Super Detailed Kit for this!...throw in a photo-etch set of keys and I'm definately in!

Strada is a retailer, not the producer. KA models (from Korea) make this detail kit.