Model Cars Magazine Forum

All of our completed 2014 truck builds!

man I love this Autocar, how hard was it to cut out the doors and get the door panels right? I cut out the doors on my LNT 8000 and It was a pain!

This was pretty thin resin cab, so I don't think the door was any harder then a plastic kit (This was my 1st door opening at that!). I had to shim up cab with 90deg plastruct, as it was too big of a gap once everything was filed square/straight, and had to put in a new piece on the bottom. Here is a in progress of it, I looked back at my inprogress posts and I skipped this pic:

DSC08027_zpse8d62060.jpg

Yeah, that Autocar is an awesome build.....I've opened up ONE door, lifetime.....Not sure if I'll ever do it again, but using Italeri's multipiece cab, it wasn't too bad.....I did it on a Freightliner FLD.....

And thanks, Tom....Those are much better shots....That orange is just too cool....Gotta get a couple of those trailers, like I said, before......Sweet build, Man....

• 3 weeks later...

This is a neat idea.I just looked through the builds for the year. Most impressive.You guys did a jam up job on your builds.

Getting me motivated for the rest of the year after my house move.

Be Well

Gator

Hey, there, Gator....Oorah!!!! When did you make it over here, Man??? Welcome aboard......I think you'll find quite a few good builds here, too.....