Model Cars Magazine Forum

CSX3015 Cobra

WingNuts

I have admired the work many of you share. Mostly an aircraft modeler I stray into automative when a subject bites. Watching the Barrett Jackson auction when Carrol Shelby's Super Snake sold made me want to build another Cobra. Ahhh, enter E-Bay and the search for a 1/16th Cobra that I had built years age for my brother. Found one in March and the referance search was on.

Here is where I stand as of now,

cb4.jpg

cb2.jpg

cb3.jpg

Appreciate your feedback and comments. Especially the photography. Having a tough time taking the close-ups.

WingNuts

Edited by WingNuts

Appreciate all the kind words.

Len, I'll build another one and take a few photos on how I did it. Be about a week though.

John, I used the MPC kit as abase for mine. Arrived missing a few parts though. Have the wife call and I'll hand the phone to my wife. They can compare notes.

Darin, you and I have been visiting the same web sites. I had all those shots of 3015 as you have. I have already made the automatic shifter. Just need to make the shift selector box and the interior will be done. Darin the Cobra story site has removed many of the photos he had up a couple of months ago. I used many of those pics when I did the manifold carving in wax.

I thought the seats were a little funky without any back. I built them up with Milliputt contouring to shape.

cb6.jpg

Regards,

WingNuts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...