Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Mad Police model kits. Post Apocalyptic Police!

Zarana-X

• 5 months later...

I've just acquired a Venus kit, no thanks to the guy who outbid me three months ago. Also no thanks to the guy who also outbid me on a Farcon kit from this same seller. This is for posterity, people! :P

102_2527_zps2c0dae66.jpg

Holy Injection Pin, Batman!

102_2529_zpsffa22c7d.jpg

The frame looks the same as the Destroyer. Or is it?

102_2530_zps9dfebc93.jpg

Side by side comparison with one of my Destroyer frames. The nose and tail end are different. Each car may have its own, similar, but unique frame?

102_2543_zps5b00a130.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

Moving on to the dashboard and wheels. The dashboard and center console are different from the Destroyer. A nice surprise. This sprue contains the grille used on the Farcon, so its safe to assume it shares the same dash, while the Destroyer and Interceptor share theirs.

102_2532_zpsb01ceff9.jpg

102_2540_zps37f6dccb.jpg

Finally, a good look at the infamous swastika wheels. They are directional, so I don't think these are intended to be any kind of Nazi sympathiser wheels. The swastika was used by Buddihst and others before WWII ruined it for everyone.

102_2541_zpsbd7da37c.jpg

Glass and lenses, dark as hell. Not sure what the big trapezoid is for, its not in the instructions, probably used on the stock Supra.

102_2534_zpseedf9d86.jpg

Seats, rear interior and steering. Same as Destroyer.

102_2535_zps6ef8a5f5.jpg

Figures, supercharger/blower, and headlight grilles from the other kits. (yay, extra parts!)

102_2536_zpsf57d0d05.jpg

lastly, the front fender armor:

102_2537_zpsf5b38467.jpg

102_2538_zpsbdb56b50.jpg

Tyres, and electrical connctions in a lil' bag. I didn't get the motor, which both of my destroyer kits had. These old Japanese kits weren't sealed. I'm not sure if the seller, or sticky fingered kids from 30 years ago are to blame.

102_2539_zps578605ab.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

Trapezoid is glass sunroof insert.

I always wondered if Farcon was actually '80s JDM Falcon. L really doesn't exist in JP language.

On the T/A, the missiles would probably not do rear spoiler much good, melted mess each launch.

Good hits, keep hunting. Thx for pics.

I always wondered if Farcon was actually '80s JDM Falcon. L really doesn't exist in JP language.

On the T/A, the missiles would probably not do rear spoiler much good, melted mess each launch.

I see the sunroof, and the wind deflector.

I'm talking about #9 in the bottom right corner.

102_2534_zpseedf9d86.jpg

Looks too big for the stock instrument cluster:

Supra85InteriorFront.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

• 3 weeks later...

Then explain the name Fairlady (Nissan's sports car), Corolla, and Silvia.

Edited by lordairgtar

• 5 months later...

Mad Police Venus (Toyota Supra 1982-ish?) in progress

102_2600_zpsiextn08z.jpg

The steering wheel broke, I will fix it when I add the driver figure in place. The black plastic on these kits are brittle, and I'm pretty sure this and the last Destroyer I built, the wheel snapped when I removed it from the sprue.

102_2601_zps9ig17xhy.jpg

102_2602_zps3euqfccx.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X