Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Sedan 1 of 3

Fletch

Well it's been one of those weeks where if it could possibly go wrong it did in spades. Managed to get 1 of the 3 '32 Sedans completed for the Inner Club Challenge between SABA, the club I belong to , and Lane Auto Modelers from Eugene.

So here is the first completed build of the Sedans:

IMG_0741-vi.jpg

IMG_0739-vi.jpg

IMG_0742-vi.jpg

IMG_0748-vi.jpg

IMG_0749-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Body and chassis are straight from the box with changes to the axles to drop the ride height. The kit supplied flat head gave way to the flat head from the '50 Ford Pickup. The Ardun hears were used along with a S.C.o.T.s Blower from RMoM, this has to be the best cast resin part on the market today. The S.C.o.T.s is topped by 2 0f the Stromberg 97s from the '50 Ford pickup and a Thicksun Air Cleaner also from RMoM. A Parts by Parks pre-wired distributor was used. The exhaust headers are from AMTs Phantom Vicky with sculpting wire bent to shape to connect to the kit supplied exhaust pipes.

The wide white wall tires are from the Revell '29 Pickup. The Radir wheels are out of the '64 Thunderbolt. The front and rear frame spreader bars were replaced with aluminum tubing.

Such a tasty selection of kit-sourced and after market parts. They really take this build to another level. Looks great in every respect. I especially like the wheels, the exhausts and the whitewalls contrasted against the body color. Bravo!

Edited by gbk1

That's Ok Neal, I probably shouldn't use shorthand when it comes to company names, RMoM is Replicas and Miniatures company of Maryland, Norm Veber produces the best after market resin parts and pieces for the Ford Flathead. Fortunately, for all of us his line is not limited to flathead parts only as RMoM has trans kits for several models not produced by the little 3 model mfg. I have not found a single part that came from Norm's operation that is not 100% first rate. If you're building Hot Rods, Street Rods even Ferrari's you need to be doing bushiness with Norm.

Edited by Fletch

Fletch-

I agree. I bought this S.Co.T blower set up many years ago from Norm as my first resin aftermarket piece to use and I put it on a 36 Ford Rat Rod. It was a beautiful piece and I was very satisfied. I need to buy another one soon. I have many parts from RMCoM and all are great. I agree that if you are not doing business with Norm, you are missing out.

On to the build.....

Great work. I love everything you have done. It all works well together. Let us see the other two.

Later-

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say, that is a beautiful ride. As a matter of fact, my next build is gonna be that kit. I see lots of cutting, chopping, fitting, gluing, and learning from many mistakes in my future.

The build will be based largely on a rat rod with some (by some,I mean ALOT!) military flare to it.

I have a pic of it on my photobucket page. I can't remember if I have the link on here or not.

Here it is: http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/abedooley/

Builds like yours excite me. ABSOLUTELY KICKA!@!!

Edited by abedooley

Thank you all for your kind words. The build was made a lot easier thanks to a great platform to begin with. The only limitation there is to the Revell '32 Sedan is your own imagination. This kit lends itself to just about every genre there is from circle track star to taking home the big iron as a custom rod.

I will however for warn you about one thing that Revell does not tell you during assembly. DO NOT glue the firewall in place until you have the fully assembled interior in the body. If you glue the firewall in place as part of the normal assembly process you you will most likely get to build the interior again. But, this time through the windows.

The other option is to tack the firewall at the top so you can spread the body to get the assembled interior into place. There aren't many things worse then having the dashboard fly across the room due to the pressure applied to the sides of the interior as you attempt to get it in place with the firewall solidly glued down.

I look forward to seeing other builds pop up of this great kit (can't wait for the 5 window coupe). The other 2 sedans are coming along nicely, I am scratch building a Hilborn injector set up for the Sedan delivery and the chopped/channeled version is moving ahead now with a 427 Ford and 6 carbs. They should be over here soon.

I will tell you guys from the time the package arrived at my door I knew I had to find a build worthy of that blower. It had been mocked up in several different builds over the past 6 months but none were found worthy, Until the '32 Sedan!

If there is a draw back to the RMoM parts it's finding a project worthy of them. When you're working with masterpieces you just don't throw them at any and every build. The other thing you quickly find working with a piece like the S.C.o.T.s Blower is that it makes you want to dig a little deeper into your modeling ability, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Buy from RMoM, you won't regret it. In the words of the old Cajun Cook Justin Wilson, "I guarontee!"

That blower is nice. I'm gonna order one today.

Does anyone know his e-mail to contact him or is there any other way to order from him?

Replicas & Miniatures Company of Maryland

317 Roosevelt Ave SW

Glen Burnie, MD 21061

Email: replmincomd@aol.com

Phone: 410-768-3648 9am-6pm EST Mon-Sat

Norm is easy to deal with and returns call within a matter of an hour if not minutes, the same when it comes to email.

THANKS FLETCH.

I am ready to start that next project now. I need to hurry up and get the 2 I have going done. I know alot of people have tons of projects all at once and can finish them all. NOT ME. I have been workin on the same 2 builds for over a year now. The Challenger is stalled until I get the nerve back to paint it and the Scout is just waiting for some more parts I need to order.