Model Cars Magazine Forum

How much would be done, just the body and interior? Or would there be a chassis plate/frame? Which kit would be the basis?

I will go along with Jordan on this one- what is included and what would be the price point?

Could be interested if the price is right.

The kit I'm building is based on the AMT 93 F-150 Short Bed. I'll have to talk with my buddy and see what he would charge to cast them. He's down for the moment, I just found out today that 2 weeks ago he had a stroke...

Chuck

I will go along with Jordan on this one- what is included and what would be the price point?

Could be interested if the price is right.

X2 Chuck!

Looks good from here! Take some more pics to show us how it looks up close ;)

Oh, and WELCOME to the best place for model cars (and trucks :lol: )

Looks good Chuck. It is hard to tell from the photo if the lines are correct. I don't mean to be critical, but having been the owner of an '88 Bronco and my fire department had a '92, I am used to seeing them. Pinecrest Scale Models(long out of business) made some great resin Broncos. Here is one of their later versions that I am working on:

picsay-1320043623.jpg

Back in the day, I believe that they ran around $40 for the kit which included body, interior bucket, seats, chassis plate, and 4x4 suspension. Don't know what ever became of the molds. The owner was a nice guy to do business with...

David

What did you use for those Rally wheels on your Blazer model?

1/24 Monogram Rallys from the 77 Chevy Step Side kit.

I talked with the caster the other night, I have a few more things to do on the master of the Bronco then get back with him. I'm going to try to make it as complete a kit as possible...

Chuck

I think the easiest thing to do for the 4WD system is use the parts from the rereleased Monogram '81 Bronco, since it's the same scale. However you'd have to mock up the parts on the chassis first to make sure that they will work with the AMT kit.

They're not the same scale. The Monogram kit is 1/24 scale. The AMT F-150 (the kit this is based on) is 1/25. The Monogram Bronco TTB is pretty lousy anyway. The AMT/MPC Bronco has a much better detailed TTB under it judging from the photos I've seen of it. I'm going to try to score the AMT Bronco soon and do one of these conversions for myself.

Touche, I forgot that it was larger. I thought both Bronco kits were the same scale. In any case, yes the AMT's front suspension is indeed better, since it comes in pieces which makes making a lifted suspension much easier. However adding it to another kit would require scratchbuilding frame mounts, whereas the Monogram front end could be attached easily since it's all one piece (plus you can see the axleshaft to the non-diff beam, whereas the AMT kit doesn't have that.)

The AMT Bronco is still readily available from multiple sources. Late last year I was able to find them on sale at RPP Hobby for $10-12 each, IIRC. I picked up several with the F150 conversion in mind.

Let us know when this kit might be ready, I would love to build a diorama with a white Bronco being chased by several LAPD squads.

I just checked the RPP site, they have the Bronco for $13.50, a pretty good deal!

Edited by mikemodeler

Yeah, the AMT Bronco is still available at a good price just about anywhere you look. I'm going to get one and use an old buildup I have around here to bash with it. Anyone know if it actually comes with the Desert Dogs in the photo on the box?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten about this project, I've just had alot going on. I'm still trying to get the tailgate right and find a transfercase. After that I'm going to take it to the caster...

Chuck