#21 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

boy, would really appreciate the pictures. how long would you say it took to correct the body? yours looks 100% better than the origional.really appreciate all you did.

I really couldn't give you an accurate amount of time it took me to do it. I started on it late morning and had it in primer by around 10:00-10:30 that night. Half or more of that time was spent taking photos and getting them upoaded onto Photobucket. I'm having a lot of trouble posting here for some reason. I may do the tutorial on another site and just post a link to it. I'll try here,but if it doesn't work,I'll put it somewhere else.

#22 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

That body looks super excellent with the work you did! Much, MUCH better than Revell's effort!

I wouldn't worry too much about the lower character line. That might involve moving the "vents" higher on the sides------might be a bit more trouble than it's worth. Yeah, when you get a chance, I'd like to see the work involved also! I'll definitely save the pics. ;)

You might want to give Fotki a try...........they have free memberships, but I can't remember what the limit is on uploading/linking photos.

#23 sak

sak

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Kovak

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

If I may. Is it not conceivable that even though a model kit is not 100 percent accurate to the actual car, that it might even look better? Perhaps not in this case..but the shape looks pretty badass to my eyes accurate or not. Ask yourself..if somebody got some oddball mis-shaped coronet from the factory, and this coronet did not look like every other coronet but still pretty cool. And this person offered it to you cheap or even free, would you accept it, or continue driving your honda civic or whatever you drive? If I build a model and the designers added something that looks rediculous or just doesn't look right, I remove it. Just because a car came from the factory a certain way does not mean that it cannot be made better. I can think of alot of things to make a gremlin better looking.

Edited by sak, 13 September 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#24 Randytheroadrunner

Randytheroadrunner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Earle

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

This is a side shot of the Highway 61 '67 Coronet in 1/18. I have one of every color of this release. It always looked a little funny to me.

Attached File  redrt3.jpg   21.2KB   0 downloads