Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Porsche 356C 2000GS Convertible

GeeBee

What's you plan for the panel lines Geoff?

Well the Tamiya Panel line accent paint arrived the weekend, so today I thought I would give it a go on the door panel lines, I did use it over the weekend on the cooling fan for the engine, it really made the fan blades stand out, I also got the engine 99% finished as well ....

2013-04-22124126.jpg

2013-04-22131338.jpg

2013-04-22151054.jpg

2013-04-22155414.jpg

Nice work, Geoff. Do you paint almost all your models with an airbrush?

Michel

I use a fine 10/0 brush for fine detail work, but I try to use an airbrush as much as I can on a build,

Very beautiful paint on this! Nice work Geoff!

Thank you, I'm really enjoying this build, even though there's still a long way to go yet ....

also got the steering wheel done, again it was painted using Tamiya XF-59 desert yellow, dry brushed with Tamiya bronze and then given a couple of coats of Tamiya clear orange

2013-04-21 21.31.10.jpg

OMG..... that steering wheel is beautiful! As a matter of fact, the entire build is turning out beautiful. I started out working for Porsche/Audi and have fond memories of wrenching on these cars,B)

Thanks for the trip back in time! ;)

Well just under a week since I've last posted here, not a lot of work has been done to the little 356, I got the dash finished today, apart from the grab handle that needs to go by the glovebox lid,

2013-04-29154457.jpg

The interior is coming on o.k, but I have had to order some more adhesive in, so I can't do anymore until that arrives

2013-04-29152950.jpg

Gearlever detailed

2013-04-26184823.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

Reading on some military model forums, it's enamel based .....

top.jpg

My LHS, in Canada, brought in a couple bottles of the black panel line color so I gave it a try a few weeks ago. It works well and seems to have very good capillary action. I didn't try thinning it but will try that next time around. A bottle was a little pricey but should last a long time. It contains a small brush in the cap but it's not fine enough to be of much use. To answer the other question, I don't think its just rebottled Smoke. Next time in the store I'll get the owner to order me in the other two colors.

My LHS, in Canada, brought in a couple bottles of the black panel line color so I gave it a try a few weeks ago. It works well and seems to have very good capillary action. I didn't try thinning it but will try that next time around. A bottle was a little pricey but should last a long time. It contains a small brush in the cap but it's not fine enough to be of much use. To answer the other question, I don't think its just rebottled Smoke. Next time in the store I'll get the owner to order me in the other two colors.

I tried the brush inside the lid, but I find a 10/0 artist brush much better

Really enjoying reading the progress in this thread - this is the first fully detailed write-up I've seen of this kit.

Given the insane parts count, is everything still fitting and aligning correctly?

• 2 weeks later...

I really haven't had much chance to spend any time in the hobby room the last few weeks, but I've managed to get a little work done in there over the weekend, the flocking on the floor is now finished, and got all the smaller parts fitted into the interior, the side panels and dash panel will be going in this week, I have a few small parts that need airbrushing, hopefully I can make time in the week to crack on with this build ....

2013-05-17134306.jpg

2013-05-17134318.jpg

2013-05-17134427.jpg

2013-05-19163357.jpg

2013-05-19164058.jpg

2013-05-19163321.jpg