#21 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

Rich...we need request some "sunshine" pixs.

Yeah the neighbors will probably wonder what you're up to

laying on the ground with a camera.

At my old house I used to take my pictures in my front garden. The neighbors used to watch me with suspicion. Then the nosy lady next door came over and asked what I was doing. At that time I was taking an eBay photo of a model I was going to sell, so I told her that.  By week's end everyone on the block thought I was a rich eBay tycoon and I stopped getting funny looks.  :rolleyes:

#22 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

James, I'll try for some outside shots as long as it's a nice day...  If I get down and lay on the ground I may not be able to get this old body up on its feet again,,LOL.

Jeff,  I will definitely be at the Castle Shannon 3 Rivers Show but I don't know if I'll bring this car.  I have plenty of others to bring.

Very nice work Rich!  And we'll need a group photo of the entire Class of '56!  And I'd bring them to the show that way too!

And what's up next?   Maybe a '56 Nomad????

#23 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hey Tom, thanks a lot.  I will eventually be taking a group pic of the "Class of '56".  So far it only has 4 graduates.  

Actually Tom, I do have a '56 Nomad that I started work on almost 6 months ago.  I completely finished the engine and chassis but I couldn't decide on a color scheme for the car that would look good with the gold wire wheels that I put on it.  It went back in the box until I could decide on a color scheme.  This past weekend I was watching Fast & Loud on Velocity Channel and the guys at Gas Monkey Garage did up a '56 Nomad for Dale Earnhardt Jr. that really blew me away.  They painted it a really bright light green color with silver (Mountain Dew colors).  I think I will paint my model in those colors using Tamiya's Light Green, and Duplicolor Light Slate Metallic.  Hopefully I'll be able to come up with a complimentary color scheme for the interior.

I've also got the '58 Dodge promo that I won on EBAY to add to the "Class of '58".  I won't be starting work on that though until I get some parts from Modelhaus for it.

#24 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Actually Tom, I do have a '56 Nomad that I started work on almost 6 months ago.  I completely finished the engine and chassis but I couldn't decide on a color scheme for the car that would look good with the gold wire wheels that I put on it.  It went back in the box until I could decide on a color scheme.  This past weekend I was watching Fast & Loud on Velocity Channel and the guys at Gas Monkey Garage did up a '56 Nomad for Dale Earnhardt Jr. that really blew me away.  They painted it a really bright light green color with silver (Mountain Dew colors).  I think I will paint my model in those colors using Tamiya's Light Green, and Duplicolor Light Slate Metallic.  Hopefully I'll be able to come up with a complimentary color scheme for the interior.

I saw that episode Rich!  I liked the Nomad before they touched it.  It was a nice original red and white car.  But I can understand the interest in the 'new and improved' version.  I understand that Mountain Dew will be giving that one away.

#25 realgone58

realgone58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Wickham

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Where's the wide whites and Fiesta caps??  ;)  But it's still a gorgeous build! I think the green glass looks cool in it. Gives me some inspiration to dig mine out and re-foil it. I foiled it years ago and it's no longer up to my standards. 

#26 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Great model Rich!  My grandpa had one like that, brings back lots of memories.

#27 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Alan and Bruce, thanks very much, I appreciate your encouragement..  

#28 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,808 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with your model, but I think your strong point is definitely interiors. Your interiors really shine.

#29 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I thank you very much Harry.  Doing up model interiors is my favorite part of modeling.  When I lived on Long Island, NY some of the guys in the L.I.A.R.S. Club called me the Secretary of the Interior.  I still sponsor the Best Interior Award for the LIARS Model Car Challenge Show every year.  When I used to attend the MassCar Model Shows back in the late 90's and 2000, I won their Best Interior Award 3 times (not bragging here).  

#30 bondo bill

bondo bill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Full Name:bill ingreham

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

i like it

#31 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,154 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Nice.

#32 Ford guy

Ford guy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Full Name:Roy Snyder

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Awesome Oldsmobile Richard, very cool !   Great interior...........again!

As Kidd Rock says, "It's not braggin' if you can back it up"!

#33 Chris White

Chris White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts
  • Full Name:Chris White

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I thank you very much Harry.  Doing up model interiors is my favorite part of modeling.  When I lived on Long Island, NY some of the guys in the L.I.A.R.S. Club called me the Secretary of the Interior.  I still sponsor the Best Interior Award for the LIARS Model Car Challenge Show every year.  When I used to attend the MassCar Model Shows back in the late 90's and 2000, I won their Best Interior Award 3 times (not bragging here).  

you deserve too brag, they are that good  

#34 zelkam

zelkam

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Very nice

Edited by zelkam, 22 September 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#35 carbman

carbman

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Full Name:GLEN MILLER

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

nice build!

#36 geetee66

geetee66

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Nice build of a rarely seen model.

I wish Revell or AMT would make some kits of these old 50's Buicks (and Pontiacs....and Dodges) 

It's great to see something I've never seen before!