Thanks Mitch, Tim and Al, I used styrene tubing. First I tapered the pipes down and the removed a little material on the inside of the tubing with a knife. Put the tube on the header, apply some liquid cement and push. The cement softens the tube and makes it conform to the header!
Thanks to all for the nice comments. This was a great kit to put together and other than a few instructional miscues it is a well engineered piece. It might take a bit of imagination to get the front lower than I did, but could be done. The interior is very easy to put together and dresses up well. I enjoyed putting the engine and chassis together and it only took weathering to make it pop. All the fit and finish for all the pieces where well thought out. The color is a 57 Ford factory choice, Carol Sand and my choice for using it was basically because I hadn't seen it used yet. The "Support Vehicle" theme seemed natural to me. The weathering and spots in the paint help give this wagon that used feel and over all turned out pretty nice. Thanks again for the interest, J2.