Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone make DESOTO/ Merc. Grills?

Im looking for Merc. grills for my rat rods... im looking for that old school Desoto / merc. Big tooth grills for my 1/25 rat rods... i love the look of the big teeth in the grill i feel its very aggressive.

post-15577-0-27968400-1430157241.jpg

Edited by Drucifer

First, thanks to everyone for the quick reply, so far this has really been a positive and helpful forum.

After my research I see that the 49 Mercury kit comes with 3 grill options, but only two of them are on the box does ant one have pix of the 3rd grill?

I've found a grill to a '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery not sure the manufacture of the kit but i found this on ebay... it could use a few more teeth IMO to make it look more like a classic custom.

When I did a conversion of a 55 Chrysler diecast to a 55 Desoto I ended up scratch building my own grill.

DSCN7093.jpg

DSCN7085.jpg

I used an oval shaped swizzel stick and carved the teeth out of it. After it was finished I realized that I was a tooth short :unsure:

DSCN7104.jpg

The finished grill was chromed with Alcad

Carl

THANKS For the pix guys... that has been extremely helpful. I think I like the C1152 and C1154 kits that would make for some endless possibilities in rat rod and custom hot rod grill :D very happy bout that one.

I'll say it once again I'm really loving this forum... when i get home tonight ill try to post some pix of past projects as well as current ones in the appropriate threads

• 2 weeks later...