Model Cars Magazine Forum

wip- K&K Dodge Charger

JTRACING

• 1 month later...

Hey, I did do a bit more on the engine.  Just been working on some other builds lately. But I think I'll get back on this car for a while now, there's just so much clean up on the parts I haven't wanted to work on it lol.

sorry the other pics are gone, something happened with my albums on the tinypic site.

Beautiful!! Just picked this up @ Hobby Lobby for $23.00. Do you scratchbuild the hose clamps etc., or is there an aftermarket source in 1/16?

Gregor

thanks! That's just Chrome foil.  Not sure about aftermarket parts I've just been using random wires and jewelry beads for my fittings and stuff. Only aftermarket stuff is the decal sheet and seatbelt buckles which are actually 1/20 scale lol

Nice James !

This is making me want to get back at it, Thanks for the inspiration.

Your weathering / painting is always spot on,...what wash do you use ? Over Acrylics?

Cheers

thanks! I don't really use washes, I mainly "dry brush" artist oils over my stuff,  If I want a more dirty look I'll cover the area completely in a dark color oil paint and then wipe it off and blend it out with a soft brush.

dry brushing white over hoses and wires is a simple way to get a realistic effect! 

specifically,... the 90 * brass comp. fittings.. off the water pump

Cheers

Those are crimp beads from Michaels, they come round, but they are brass and I held them in tweezers and filed them into hex shapes, the bend is aluminum mechanics wire, just happened to be the right size.

• 2 months later...