Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Alfa body for Pocher

Model Motor Cars is coming out with something of a holy grail for me, a new Alfa 8C 2900 Mille Miglia body; fits on the Pocher Alfas. Due early 20016.

Here's a real one...

I can't afford the Pocher kit, so I'd have to do the body like Ralph Lauren's pre-restoration version..

I assume this is some sort of very early pre-production body, because I don't see a whole lotta louvers in that hood. Also wondering if the body will include the grille, headlights, and windshield, which are all different than what's in any of the three Pocher Alfa kits.

I think plans were drawn up by Gerald Wingrove. Last I heard, they were being sold by Stephen Pombo. Scratch build what you need, even if it's to make a curbside kit. Hey- how hard can it be? B)

Bear in mind that the Pocher body will be 1/8, but it's possible they could be using Wingrove plans -- Gerald Wingrove usually builds one-offs in 1/15 scale; you can see his spectacular 8c2900B in galleries 4&5 in the Alfa 2.9 section at geraldwingrove.com

I can't find any info on Stephen Pombo.

Edited by sjordan2

I have never been bitten by the Pocher bug but this just might push me over the edge! Please do keep us posted.

Here's another angle on the body, which looks spot-on to me. I'll go out on a limb and predict that Marvin & Co. will provide the necessary hardware/chrome pieces and louvers.

I assume this is some sort of very early pre-production body, because I don't see a whole lotta louvers in that hood. Also wondering if the body will include the grille, headlights, and windshield, which are all different than what's in any of the three Pocher Alfa kits.

I just heard from Marvin that there will be real louvers, plus other parts kits.

• 1 year later...