Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Raptor, Chase truck 2. 11-8, UNDER GLASS!

Thanks for lookin fellas.

Made some progress on this tonight at the Hotel. I made the front bumper/light bar. Im leaving it removable so i can put it back i  the box for transport. I also made the "cage" for the interior. Kept it very simple. Here are some pics of the progress.

20151020_163507_zpsol4hkp8r.jpg

20151020_163514_zpsdkybc39v.jpg

20151020_163609_zpsvfm8o0ch.jpg

20151020_165402_zpspiqpmays.jpg

20151020_165420_zpsruqjhhmz.jpg

20151020_184753_zpsb6mahw6q.jpg

20151020_184847_zpswonsitia.jpg

20151020_184935_zps3j5fmns3.jpg

20151020_185146_zpsetsgfawj.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

Thanks guys. I really do appreciated the comments. I'm at a point with this where I can't work on it at the Hotel anymore. It's time to start the paint and I don't want to have paint, brushes, and whatever else bouncing around in the truck. I'm hopin this only needs a few more days and it'll be done. It's been a few months since I've finished anything.

Thanks for the comments guys. Since work kept me from getting things together for the show today, figured it's a good time to get to the bench. 

I made the rear light bar mounts. I roughly set it in place. Next up for the day.. prime, paint and hopefully finish. Here are a few pics of the light bar set up.

Thanks Gator. I was a little worried. I got in a hurry, the winds blowing and it's a bit on the chilly side today. All the ingredients for disaster, but I got very lucky, pulled off a 3 tone paint job. I really should quit flirtin with disaster.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Thanks Terry. I'm pretty happy with the results. This was my first time doing this kind of styrene work. This kit has so much potential, it just needs someone willin to put a little extra work in on a snapper.

Oscar, that's exactly what I was goin for. I'm not a Ford guy, but have always liked the look of the Rough Riders team. 

Thanks JT. The red it's molded in was the right color, so I went with it. The mold on these is really nice, pretty much no lines. I'm gettin antsy to see this, well anything on my bench as of late, done. A little bit more paint work, then this will be done. Hopefully tomorrow night it'll be under glass.

I couldn't resist setting the body on, gives me an idea of what it'll look like.