Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Ford Sunliner, Update, 12/4, Finished At Last!

StevenGuthmiller

Steve sorry if it sounds over the top but I always look forward to your builds,your work is like the ultimate goal that Id like to reach with my own work, your attention to detail is oustanding, that engine is a work of art, seems you dont like doing them!. This is going to be another knockout when finished bud.

On a sidenote those wheeltrims are almost identical to the trims they used on the 66-71 Ford Zodiacs over here in the UK.

Thank you Gary.

I appreciate your kind words.

All I do is the best I can, & I enjoy this hobby immensely.

That's what's important.

Steve

Amazing work here Steve!

Thank you Greg!

WOW.

Those tires and wheels are amazing. Are the tires kit pieces or aftermkt ?

best of all its a sunliner,,,right up my ally .

Thanks Bill!

The tires are just the AMT Firestone Deluxe Champion "parts pack" items.

I've bought probably a dozen sets over the past few years, mostly for the wide whites, so I have a lot of the narrow whites to use up. :)

Steve

Well, it's finally done!

Just like my last project, it took me more than twice as long as my average build.

I like the color scheme, but this just reaffirmed the fact that I hate working with black!

It looks "sexy" when it's done, but it's a major pain during, & after for that matter.

Trying to keep the dust specks at bay is an exercise in futility!

I'll just leave you with a couple of "teaser" pics for now.

I ordered a photo booth setup last weekend, but it just shipped today. I'm anxious to try it out.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day here in the great white north, mid 40s & sunny, so I should at least be able to get a few outside shots, that is if I can keep the dust goblins away for a few minutes.

Anyway, thank you to all who posted & kept me motivated during this 2 month project.

I appreciate it!

Steve

photo DSCN4620_zps6g6lz5oi.jpg photo DSCN4622_zps6xjtrowh.jpg photo DSCN4611_zpsoaa9qf0w.jpg

Good thing I ordered some more "Dust Busters" a while back!!

photo DSCN4616_zps1lu7nwxe.jpg

Lookin' Totally Terrific Steve! I wasn't crazy about the chrome skirts at first, but they look great on your finished car! Is that clear flexible plastic I see for your uptop back window?? Neat idea, and looks very realistic! B)

Yes Bill, I use a piece of sandwich bag for my rear windows in convertible tops.

Looks more realistic than sheet plastic.

Steve

Yes Bill, I use a piece of sandwich bag for my rear windows in convertible tops.

Looks more realistic than sheet plastic.

Steve

I am so going to remember that littel trick .

Looks outstanding,,,well done. Now send to me as I dont have a 62 Sunliner ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yet

I am so going to remember that littel trick .

Looks outstanding,,,well done. Now send to me as I dont have a 62 Sunliner ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yet

Well, I don't have a complete kit, but in the future, if you need any parts, let me know.

I have a couple of bodies & hoods, an interior, a top boot & a few other miscellaneous parts. :)

Steve