Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Ford pickup custom (my wifes 2nd build)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Very nice!

I love the body lines of the '53-'56 Ford pic ups - this build conirms it.

I also have an unusual love for this kit, which I shouldn't considering how much work it is to get soemthign nice out of it.  Guess it’s a good exercise in skill and patience.

Anyways - If your wife is going to keep producing nice builds like this, tell her to get her own account and joing the community!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep coming back to look at this. Really beautiful work, especially considering it's only her second, and one of the more challenging kits at that. It's better than a lot of folks who have been building for 50 years or more. Fine, fine, fine. There's a lot of talent there. :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I keep coming back to look at this. Really beautiful work, especially considering it's only her second, and one of the more challenging kits at that. It's better than a lot of folks who have been building for 50 years or more. Fine, fine, fine. There's a lot of talent there. :D

My wife wanted me to tell you, thank you so much for your kindness and input!  -I tried to get her to get her own account, but she just hasn't got around to it yet. she says she doesn't build as much as us yet to have one yet. I think she still should.

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree with Ace - Garageguy, she did one fine job on that Truck. I have never built one but have heard that the kit is not easy to build. Really, Really nice build and Thank you for sharing this with us. Also, The air filter is absolutely great and I'd love to see how you made it.  Thank you.     Jeff 

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with Ace - Garageguy, she did one fine job on that Truck. I have never built one but have heard that the kit is not easy to build. Really, Really nice build and Thank you for sharing this with us. Also, The air filter is absolutely great and I'd love to see how you made it.  Thank you.     Jeff 

She says, Thank you, Jeff!  -I will ask her to post you something about how she did the air filter.