Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi R10 Tdi 07 Lemans

JHDrew

I recently finished a curbside version of the O7’ Lemans winning Audi R10 TDI. Since I had already made this model once in the 06’ Lemans trim I decided I didn’t want to bother with the engine bay this time.

Dexter had Cartograph print up a very extensive set of decals. Everything but the silver paint is provided on the sheet.

DCL24005DC800-vi.jpg

I scratch built the camera pod and antennas throughout. I also added a set of seat belts to go with the buckles in the Dexter detail set. The Dexter PE detail set also includes the side intake louvers, body fasteners, vents in the rear and next to the cockpit, rear screens, transmission end plate and running position marker lights.

All the decals went down perfectly with some Solvaset and a little effort. They are printed without flash so there was very little trimming to do.

After it was all done I decided to weather it as it looked during the race. I did that with my Iwata airbrush and a very fine paint brush.

Enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking.

Here's the real one:

lemans200724hrs0261a-vi.jpg

And the model: (keep in mind everything but the silver is done with decals)

P3170212-vi.jpg

P3170213-vi.jpg

P3170214-vi.jpg

P3180216-vi.jpg

P3180218-vi.jpg