Model Cars Magazine Forum

New issue just hit my mail box #197

Yup, it's in my hot little hands and looks GREAT!

Don Wilson you did a great job building that Sketchpad concept and Mike Lomaka I love the '39 Chev truck idea!
Bill Coulter and Curt Raitz both brought their "A" game this time.

Some really great projects displayed in this issue along with NNL East coverage so... well worth getting a subscription if you don't already.

Oh and one note.  After receiving Model Cars since it's inception in the mid 90's... this issue marks the first time I have ever had a damaged cover arrive.  Hardly worth noting but a tiny bit of the cover 3/16" by one inch bit just under my printed address label was torn and hanging there like a Florida voting ballot.
Well, I tore it off like the man I am and read the issue cover to cover with no qualms.  So, man up and read your issue when it arrives, regardless of the condition because we have the BEST bar none hobby magazine for the static scale model hobbyist in the world!

My copy came in the mail yesterday too. No damage, which is a good thing.  I got home late last evening so I didn't get to really sit down and relax reading it, but it's thick and full of interesting articles that I will surely read every word!   The first thing I noticed was the eight pages of NNL East.  Many thanks to Tom Valente for his coverage and kind words!  It makes running the show worth it!   And it's great seeing the models of all my friends in those pages!  Kudos for a nice issue.

Most important I read Gregg's editorial about the hope for his upcoming surgery. That's the most important thing in this issue and I wish him the very best!

Edited by Tom Geiger

That is really funny. My issue is the first one I have ever received with any damage on the cover. About the same as yours Jairus. HHMMM! Mine only had come down the road about 50 miles from Denver.

Edited by oldcars

• 2 weeks later...

That is really funny. My issue is the first one I have ever received with any damage on the cover. About the same as yours Jairus. HHMMM! Mine only had come down the road about 50 miles from Denver.

Maybe only 50 miles, but still the same old USPS.

And, as a sidebar:   Yes.  Good, positive, hopeful news from/for Gregg.  Here's a stack of prayers and hopes that it goes so well!