Model Cars Magazine Forum

Addictions

RocketJockey87

i see a couple of kits there i built in the past. 67 Mustang and 67 Impala. i have an addiction to the 60's cars. probably due to the fact i was raised in the 60's :D

indeed, i bought those kits in package deals...i put them in a  "maybe one day" ill build these category

first car engine i rebuilt was in a 90 mustang gt...was the car i learned to drive a 5 speed on...i just have a weird obsession with them

i dont mind sn95s i owned a wrecked one for a short whilejust not my style of ca... here my last few ive owned

also my brother first mustang he bought when he was 19...all togeather we both have owner 50 or so mustangs

and i put a HO with gt40 intake and other goodies in my old f150 too

im the go to guy for foxes and stuff in my area haha

11910974_10203435088156170_300883061_n.jpg

DSCI0025.JPG

88 Mustang (5).JPG

PICT0896.JPG

mustang (39).jpg

IMG_4991151013274.jpeg

1530529_10200513421877558_2115851267_n.jpg

Most of my stash is fairly recently bought, but I thought I'd mixed it up pretty good. Until I made a list. I've apparently got a Chevy addiction that did not manifest until I re-started buying car kits. Mostly 66-69. Lot's of Impalas. Also did not realize how much Pontiac and Olds spoke to me.

Addictions? They go to meetings! LOL

I got a few "addictions" of my own so I really have no room to talk......

I got 7 '70 Dodge Coronet's, "Super Bee's" BUT not all are gonna be the "Super Bee" when I'm done, I got an R/T planned, an R/T convertible in the process, and a Wagon, possibly a 4 door too! AND even a Coronet "440". -I got one "Pro-Street" and or "Pro-Stock" planned too! ^_^

THEN the Dodge trucks, I got 4 of the "Little Red Express" NOT ONE of them planned to be box stock! And then....... The Dodge A100 "Little Red Wagon". I got 8 of them! Again ONE might make it out as its to be, as the Little Red Wagon. we'll see, (I know one of them is gonna be a monster truck!) :blink:

So they say, you got an addiction, we all do really, to PLASTIC! BUT they also say when your addicted to something you suffer....... I don't believe that because any one of them I mentioned I have I ENJOY every freakin' second when I'm working on either of them!

Enjoy 'em man, thats what they're meant for!

Yup! The '67 Mustang while not totally accurate for a GT, goes together pretty well without too much drama.

And yes, I think all of us here are certainly addicted to plastic! In my case, my addiction is to not leave well enough alone. I can never just "build them"-----I'm changing this or fixing/opening that.

It's what makes life interesting, at least for me! ;)

Me I have plenty addictions or passions for...

66-73 Pontiac Bonnevilles

69-72 Grand Prix

66-73 Cadillac coupe/sedan/hearse

69,71-74 Impala.Caprice

very late 50s through mid 70s promos and promo like kits

camping trailers,motor homes,old overhead campers for pickup kits

71-76 Dodge van kits

Old kit boxes and instructions...love the artwork on them

I have 5 Tamiya Porsche 956s with different decals waiting to be done.

I am addict to this Gr.c car.

they are :

1983LM08_car.thumb.jpg.d4c032d85a3611ced1985LM07_car.thumb.jpg.6e23c557a2ee3cd801984LM11_car2.thumb.jpg.d632afd751b9310d4d609c18f51cde0bb1dc714aff5eb7b4.thumb.j197680bdc4e55d088558223f7ba32701.thumb.j

yes I bought this 'spirit of America' decal from studio27.

and still I think I will buy more Tamiya 956s..and more decals..

the rothmans...and so on...

Edited by 花火

Currently on the shelf:

2 Panzer III G models

1 Panzer III G Befehlspanzer conversion (command tank)

2 Panzer III L's

2 Panzer III N's 

3 Sturmgeschuetz III's (based on Panzer III chassis)

In the stash

1 Panzer III J Befehlspanzer

1 Panzer III J

2 Panzer III L's 

1 Panzer III M

1 Panzer III N

This is what I'm referring to.

A Panzer III N.

G

Rubber, nope!

Roadwheels are a dark gray acrylic, washed with a darker gray enamel. 

The entire model has a subtle layer of sand colored pigments rubbed randomly into the surface. This is the last thing I do after the final flat coat.

It's a very fragile finish, hence the individual covered cases. I get them at Hobby Lobby and put the ground work on the base.

In my opinion all the weathering is fine, but without a setting to evoke the scene, useless.

Currently on the shelf:

2 Panzer III G models

1 Panzer III G Befehlspanzer conversion (command tank)

2 Panzer III L's

2 Panzer III N's 

3 Sturmgeschuetz III's (based on Panzer III chassis)

In the stash

1 Panzer III J Befehlspanzer

1 Panzer III J

2 Panzer III L's 

1 Panzer III M

1 Panzer III N

This is what I'm referring to.

A Panzer III N.

DSCF5576_zpsziadqxbo.jpg

G

Looks like you have the beginnings of a nice kampf grupp there. Very mobile, but you could use afew towed 88's or maybe some pak 75's. These tanks were what minted the phrase "blitzkrieg", High mobility with (at the time) heavy fire power.

I like the late war camo patterns on the German armor, but the Zimmerit is a real #!!*% to apply. I have Panthers, Just about every mark of Tiger, some mk4's,  Airbrushing the different patterns and colors is interesting and ALWAYS a challenge.:D You do beautiful work sir!!

Edited by bismarck