Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 55 Chevy Street Machine completed

Tyler62990

So I'm calling this 55 done. It was supposed to be a quick slumpbuster, but I decided to swap out the engine, take a crack at painting two tones, give metal foil a shot and try out a few other techniques I've never used. I guess a learning experience is better than slapping something together any day. Thanks for looking guys!

IMG_20151217_154536929.jpg

IMG_20151217_154608556.jpg

IMG_20151217_154640928.jpg

IMG_20151217_155107114_HDR.jpg

Very nice work! This kit definitely requires some work to make it better...I started mine and I was going for a fast & simple, stressless summer project in 2014 and guess what? It's still in progress!:D

You did a great job with this. I like how those colors fit together and good looking paint job too. BMF looks very goo too especially if it's really your first attempt. Great work overall, you did a great work.

Yeah, this was definitely more work than I thought it would be. When I saw the parts count I kinda figured it was going to be a chore. I thought it was a fun build, though. Everything was warped so that was frustrating, but a couple clamps beat it into submission. Anyway, yeah, up until now I've built mostly 30s and 40s with very little chrome trim that I usually do with paint. I wanted to practice on this one before I throw my 59 Impala on the bench haha. It was a pain. Actually, it was a royal pain. I laid some THICK paint on the already soft scribing and raised details, so it became a free handing nightmare. Sooooo worth it in the end though. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it