Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi 240Z "Scarelady"

CrewDawg15

I've been working on and off again with this one for the last 5 or so years.  I started out with a Fujimi 240Z kit, modding it extensively to bring it up to more respectable levels.  I also built a new engine from scratch...a custom conversion produced by a Japanese tuning company called OS Giken for the Datsun/Nissan L series strait six engines called a TC24-B1.  I replicated a F54 casting turbo L28 block and an early version FS5W71C 5 speed transmission.

11082472_638803129554259_487593809356032

IMAG1553_1.jpg

IMAG1554_1.jpg

10931366_636140496487189_172757067315119

IMAG1501.jpg

IMAG1543.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Jimmy

Edited by CrewDawg15

Thanks!  I've got a sweet spot in my heart for '70' and 80's Japanese cars...I lived in Okinawa, Japan for 12 years when I was in the Air Force...and I love fabricating "Special One Off" performance versions of stock motors that most people have never heard of. 

This is awesome. Giving me some ideas for my Revell BRE 240Z i just got. Will any of this work for my future build? 

Thanks guys!  I did a mock up with my Revell 240Z and the TC24 fit like a glove. I've actually better hood to engine clearance in the Revell kit than in the Fujimi one.

Edited by CrewDawg15

Am I correct to assume this engine would work in the BRE or is that something different? I have no clue about these cars. Its a ways out before I will get to it anyways, I was just curious. 

I've never had the BRE kit, but knowing Revell, they are based off of the same molds...circa 1972