Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big John Mazmanian - Clear body Cuda AA/FC

gtx6970

Well, moving onto another unfinished project. This one was up next. I decaled the body,painted the engine ,  assembled the chassis and suspension and its sat ever since. So I spent the morning working on it.

I started this car maybe 3 or 4 years back. Only to get sidelined when my mind got sidetracked.( easy to do )

Not anymore. I want it done , off the bench and in my display case by the end of the week.

Its box stock build ( I keep moving forward with less likelihood of distractions  that way ) I was wondering how to glue the interior tins in to avoid glue marks on the clear body, Turns out they fit pretty snug so no glue needed.

I have seen pics of this car with either a red chassis and black, in the end I decided the black would show up better under the clear body

Comments or criticisms  always welcome , I'm a big boy I can take it.

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

The body and interior tins are molded in a clear red plastic.

I have one of the ghost chargers but its molded in clear ,,,not sure what I'm going to do with it .

But I did manage to get some bench time this afternoon  and I have it about finished.

I'll button up a few loose ends this morning  and call it done.

Edited by gtx6970

Bill that looks great.  I sold my unbuilt kit last year.  I liked the fact they put a window in the bottom of the box so you could see what color the body was.

I've had a couple opportunities to sell this one for much more than I paid for it. Even after I started it. But I no longer buy kits to make profit on. I buy for me . Even when new I didnt know they were moulded in red, I thought the ghoust cars were all moulded in clear. So I was pleasently surprised when I opened the box.

I've ckd ebay a few times and never seen a red Cuda or charger come up  for sale

Thanks for the kind words.Its one of my favorite cars.

The parachute has since been added to it.

But, and the more I  look at it, the more I dislike the gold rear wheels. in 90% of the pictures I have of this car it has chrome wheels all around. So they will probably get changed here soon