Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette C7R

I am excited about the C7R. I hope the chassis is more detailed than the C6R which I thought was toyish, especially after the C5R. Will we see a full detail non painted  C7 kit from Revell ? 

Edited by monza77

Thanks Gerry. Still looking forward to the C7R. I really wanted to know if we will see a full detail  stock C7. 

No full detail C7 from Revell.  This easier build seems to be the way they're going on more modern car releases.  Also the prepaint seems popular as well.  Even Revell of Germany is thinking that on their newer cars such as McLaren 570S and AMG GT.

I am not a fan of that simplified style, particularly the chassis.  But, if it improves sales and gets more modelers into the game, I guess I can accept that.

I did suggest Revell should up to C7 to a Z06.  Didn't get a big OH YEAH! back form them though.  The Z06, per their design rules would be a new tool, since 50% or more of the kit would need to be modified.  However, the Revell guy also said that Z06's are a large percentage of C7 sales (didn't give me more specifics).  So I reiterated that a Z06 would fill that niche for modelers

From what I got from the artical, the decal sheet only does the 4 car. Maybe Patto will do a full sheet to do both. But it's a nice kit to add to my Corvette shelf.

They've got it already. I've got a set downstairs in my hobby room. I got the ones for the 2014 Tudor Series, plan was to do the Corvette, Viper, Porsche and BMW Z4. With the release of the C7R upcoming only one I dont have to build is the Porsche 991. I've been waiting for Scale Auto to release theirs, like the Viper, but it seems to keep getting pushed back. Hopefully later this year for that. I'm sure Patto's will update the decal set for the 2016 season pretty quick once the C7R is release, if it isnt already.

David

Scale Auto is doing some more C7R decals?

No, Patto's Place, http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html , does decals for slot cars, they've got the C7R decals, the ones I bought are for the 2014 Tudor United Sports Car Series. Scale Auto did 1/24 slot bodies for the SRT Viper and were suppose to do one for the new Porsche 991 GT car, but that's been dragging on for like 2 years now. They keep it in their catalogue but still haven't seen one yet.