Model Cars Magazine Forum

This creation represents an Argentinian-market Ford Model A Phaeton (four-door convertible) that had been been modified at some point in its career into a pickup, as was common there. Mine is a composite of several I've come across on various vehicle sales sites. Condition of vehicles in those listings vary from nice restorations to rusted out hulks. Mine is somewhere in the middle. This project is a combination of Revell "Rat Rod" pickup and AMT woodie/pickup kits. Because of the mix, some components came out a bit less than straight and true, such as the front axle. It would appear that cars in Argentina were assembled with RHD up until the '40s, so I converted the Revell front axle and steering gear to RHD. The curved cab back wall is actually the front seatback panel. This was represented by a Monogram '60s Corvette Stingray windshield. Modern aftermarket turn signals have been added, and weathering was accomplished using rust-colored paint along with artists' pastels and colored pencils. (BTW: I have no real connection to South America...I'm just fascinated by the variations of vehicles down there.)

26201975670_7b464d69eb_b.jpg26408699451_6ace481525_b.jpg

21170215476_26992632d2_b.jpg25031127293_ce4b3d6d6c_b.jpg

More images can be found here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_w_austin/sets/72157634893359388/page3

Edited by Brian Austin

• 1 month later...