Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Toyota Corona 1600 sl ( from otaki)

and the body has got more work to it .

DSC_1917_zps5emvncqj.jpg

DSC_1918_zpsxjdbjakb.jpg

now it has black squares that I hand painted on on the hood and boot .

and some trim work

DSC_1926_zpseewulqto.jpg

cut the grill out and put mesh in there in red .

DSC_1927_zpscmu8d7ho.jpg

back of the corona not happy with the lights yet

DSC_1942_zpsk3gp1cnd.jpg

DSC_1943_zpsdgxc9jmn.jpg

so this is where I am now.  and I ve come to see that I have much to learn and much skill to acquire . actually feeling a little disappointed in myself . but ill just have to shake that. its only my 3rd build after all .   

do you know the feeling when things dont come out the way you see them in your head . because lack of skill

Edited by The Danish sprue wrangler

the show goes on . I mounted the wheels  made an exhaust and both a front and rear spoiler . and I also flat,nd the black squares

so now all that it needs is a few decals. and the fender mounted mirrors .

it will never be a showcar . I think this will be a great contender for a restauration in the future . when I have more experience . but for now its what it is .. this was just one of those builds where it just kicked my butt all the way through ..  

I was going to suggest painting the hood with white primer & then laying out the rays for the rising sun in red.

White would be very easy to cover with light coats of red minimizing the "edges".

Plus it would have given you a true rising sun flag look.

Then a couple of clear coats to shine it up & help cover the edges between colors.

Not sure if the "red, white & blue" color scheme would have been what you were looking for though. :P

Anyway, I guess I'm a little late with paint suggestions at this point.

Steve

I was going to suggest painting the hood with white primer & then laying out the rays for the rising sun in red.

White would be very easy to cover with light coats of red minimizing the "edges".

Plus it would have given you a true rising sun flag look.

Then a couple of clear coats to shine it up & help cover the edges between colors.

Not sure if the "red, white & blue" color scheme would have been what you were looking for though. :P

Anyway, I guess I'm a little late with paint suggestions at this point.

Steve

just a little Steve . I did actually think to do it with white background . but ended up not doing it !!.  going to try again another time on another build.