Model Cars Magazine Forum

Star Models resin belly tanker

Anyone have one of these? I'm curious what your thoughts are on quality. I've heard good things about service from Resin Realm, and I know they are a retailer for other resin casters, but I'm specifically curious about this belly tanker kit they have from Star.

Thanks

Steve Kohler makes buying right with good products and prompt delivery . I recommend all the products he sells . Some are R&R .. Thanx .. 

I appreciate that, and I've heard the same thing. But I am looking for specifics on the salt flats belly tanker resin kit

I see that. That is where I found it. But I'm actually looking for feedback from people who actually own one or have at least seen one in person. I'm not saying it's the case here, but there are casters out there who will put there absolute best example on their website or ebay, and it doesn't really represent what customers get.

Considering I had no idea what you'd seen, and usually people ask the question before looking, I posted pic. Sorry I wasted my time. You're welcome.

Considering I've dealt with Steve, and he backs up other's product even if they don't, and doesn't tolerate poor quality, I think it'll be fine. 

If you don't trust a picture, you're close enough to go to a show and look yourself. Kit is new, so probably few out there. Looks nicer in some ways than my CMW. 

Guess you shouldn't buy it unless you touch it first if you worry that much. 

Considering I had no idea what you'd seen, and usually people ask the question before looking, I posted pic. Sorry I wasted my time. You're welcome.

Considering I've dealt with Steve, and he backs up other's product even if they don't, and doesn't tolerate poor quality, I think it'll be fine. 

If you don't trust a picture, you're close enough to go to a show and look yourself. Kit is new, so probably few out there. Looks nicer in some ways than my CMW. 

Guess you shouldn't buy it unless you touch it first if you worry that much. 

Sorry keyser. I realize your trying to help. I had my defenses up because this place has developed a reputation for having members that are pretty condescending and dismissive. My apologies.

There are a few vendors that I order from without seeing their parts in person (Modelhaus, Rep+Min, Ed Fluck, the collaborative from Detroit (their name escapes me) But I've been burned by other vendors. Resin Realm caries a good reputation as sellers of other vendors products, but I've never seen a review of any products from Star itself, so I was just looking to see if anyone here had one themselves. But, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and make the purchase, and I'll be sure to post a review here when I do.