Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flushable wipes ha!

kpnuts

Hi all just a warning, don't believe it, my missus started using them about 6 months, today I've spent most of the afternoon up to my elbows in s@#$ unblocking our drains which were jammed packed with Flushable wipes, not a great experience, I will be smelling it for weeks and my arms and shoulders ache like hell.  DO NOT BELIEVE FLUSHABLE WIPES ARE FLUSHABLE.

Yeah, they actually are flushable...... but they don't "disintegrate" in water like toilet tissue does.  They can and will clog your sewer and or cesspool lines, and they clog up the sewer treatment facility plants.  If you use them, you unfortunately have to "bag them" and then dispose of them in the trash to avoid any issues.

Saw something on TV about London sewers being clogged with what they call a "fatberg" the size of a bus. It consisted of food fats, wet whips and other such "flushables" that don't break down like the manufacturerers claim. It had to be removed before it caused flooding. Big fun for the sanitation department!

• 3 weeks later...