Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Auction

I was watching the B-J auction the other night and we all know Steve Magnante  is a model builder and all around car nut, and for me, the only reason why I watch. They had a 71 Chevy Blazer come across the stage and as he was spouting off about the various upgrades and options, he threw in a bit about AMT offering a "well done scale model version of the Chevy Blazer" and I thought that was a nice gesture of him to do so! I have heard him in the past make mention of model kits and it's nice to know he is helping spread the word about our hobby.

I agree that it's nice that he acknowledges model building from time to time, but I think builders are the only ones that understand what he's talking about. While Steve doesn't seem guilty of it so many of the other Talking Heads seem to often show how little they really know about the car on the block. I really hate when they start droning on about something that has nothing to do with the car your looking at and usually pertain to only themselves and their own self glorification. The B-J crew do not seem as bad as some of the Talking Heads on the Mecum Auction on TV.  

Actually I've been watching all week and Steve and Mike have mentioned model kits available of certain cars quite a bit. I believe Steve even mentioned the new Bronco kit at one point. I've noticed a couple of wrong references to kit manufacturer but when you're trying to get facts out that fast it's bound to happen.