Model Cars Magazine Forum

MIA kind of!

My wife resembles that remark.    Glad to hear the new job is working out.  When I started work in Pennsylvania, I was here alone for the first year. My wife stayed in NJ in our old house since my younger daughter was in her senior year of college.  I would leave work every Friday and drive home, and return to PA either Sunday evening or  Monday morning.  You get into a routine.  And I did a bunch of building.

The routine does come, I have travelled for work some. Just real thankful to be working and with a good outfit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave, things are pretty good. I've been in Toledo working on the old Owens Corning building for two weeks. I'll be here one more week and then off the Lancaster, Ohio for 7- 8 months to build a 24 unit Memory Care Facility. I think I found an apartment near the site so hopefully I'll have a travelling bench set up! Other than that things are OK!

My last week in Toledo. I have tried Potbelly's downtown. And the food trucks on St Clair, but I try not to eat out to much. I can see the Mudhens from the 18th floor on up. 

I'm not much for the city life to be honest. 

My last week in Toledo. I have tried Potbelly's downtown. And the food trucks on St Clair, but I try not to eat out to much. I can see the Mudhens from the 18th floor on up. 

I'm not much for the city life to be honest. 

My brother lives in the old west end down there. Very cool large old houses. The House that the owner of Willys lives in is by his house.  I stay up here just over the border mostly. LOL

Never been to Potbelly's as I think it is a newer place. The Packo's by the Ball park is not the one Klinger talked about. Same food though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Five weeks in Toledo are over, on to Lancaster, Ohio. I'll be building a 24 unit Memory Care Facility just outside of town. 

I'm looking forward to a new start, but being onsite out of town for Eight months, not so much. We do what needs doing though. 

I did manage to put together a little trip box so I can build while away!