Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell McLaren 570S

maltsr

This is the R of G kit. the decals didn't respond well to setting solutions and had to use an aftermarket carbon fibre decal sheet for the roof and sidescoops.  Paint is Tamiya Orange under clear pearl.

P1070769.thumb.JPG.ec24932ef3d666897dd5aP1070772.thumb.JPG.c458453725cb843fd2fb8P1070778.thumb.JPG.b4fed9c56d9233445df8a

Edited by maltsr

Great work,this kit is on my to buy list,how did it all go together?

Thanks Curtis.  The kit went together well, no issues to report other than my difficulties with the decals.  When fitting the body over the chassis, the dashboard goes above the lip in the cowl area, this isn't mentioned in the instructions.   The Scale Modelling channel on YouTube has a build review which is worth watching.

Really nice looking model!  If I may offer one suggestion:  Micro Sol and Micro Set are supposed to be used together.  The solution in the blue labelled bottle is applied to the plastic (Micro Sol I believe) and then the solution in the red labelled bottle goes on the decal (Micro Set I believe).  I am away from my workbench, so I am not certain of the names on the bottles, but the order they are applied is correct.

Really nice looking model!  If I may offer one suggestion:  Micro Sol and Micro Set are supposed to be used together.  The solution in the blue labelled bottle is applied to the plastic (Micro Sol I believe) and then the solution in the red labelled bottle goes on the decal (Micro Set I believe).  I am away from my workbench, so I am not certain of the names on the bottles, but the order they are applied is correct.

I use them the other way round, Micro Set on the model and Sol on the decal.  I always thought they were used alphabetically!

Edited by maltsr

I use them the other way round, Micro Set on the model and Sol on the decal.  I always thought they were used alphabetically!

I thought it was alphabetically as in blue label before red, but apparently I was mistaken,