Model Cars Magazine Forum

Indy survivors

Lizard Racing

Here are two old Indy cars recently resurrected from storage.

68E.thumb.jpg.c7193904da20058b329d7a9e08

I built the '68 Eagle in 1972.  It came straight out of 30+ years of storage.  I even have the original box!  The paint is a bit dirty and the decals faded.  I did manage to wash off the dust.

76M.thumb.jpg.b38379b86b0f29916f17867d69

The McLaren was always a fantasy car and was recently rebuilt and repainted.  It reflects a '74 McLaren but changed and updated in a subsequent year (pre-Cosworth).  There's nothing older than last year's race car. 

Here is a third Indy survivor that is a parts bin project.  I have always been a fan of the supercharged Offy which ran in '66-'67 until overtaken by the turbo.  The chassis is the AMT Lotus with the engine from the Watson roadster. Some of the parts are nearly 50 years old, since I built several variations of the Lotus back in the day.  Tires are from Indycals.

67a.thumb.jpg.8d1ecb12609b72258262f56bc8

67b.thumb.jpg.7e88ec81ff698fca5fd88ba31a

Here are all three Indy cars I was working on at the same time. Ten years of Indy car development.  I think I'm going to do something simple next. Thanks for viewing.

indy3.thumb.jpg.df90b2d6105d1c025ea1f92f