Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boot hill express color

Rick Wolfe

Hello all, Halloween is almost here and I always build a Halloween model around this time and while in Michales this weekend I saw the perfect accessory for the Boot Hill express, a cemetery gate thats the right scale the for it, so I would like to know what would be the colors for it. The re release dose not tell me what colors I should use. Thank you, and if possable please post pitchers of yours. Again Thank you, Rick

One thing to keep in mind is that there were (are) at least two Boot Hill Expresses (Expressi?) built. The original was a real deal 1800's wooden hearse and a fiberglass copy was built to tour the show circut as well so the car could be in two places at once on opposite sides of the country. So depending on which one is pictured and what light it is in the colors vary a bunch from picture to picture. I have have read rumors of a third one built as well for exhibition races but I have not found any evidence to know for sure about a third one. From what I have been able to find, the original was a shiny gold very similar to the model Jeff F posted above and the fiberglass one (replica? copy? clone?) Is more of a yellow gold color.

Edited by Toner283
Spelling

• 1 month later...

Hey Jason and David, Thank you for showing interest in this build, Jason I went with a flat brass in the Testors little bottle it has a little glitter in it and should look good when I paint it, I'm off this week from work so I should have plenty of time to finish this, David I hope I can post a few picture's of this but when it comes to posting pictures I'm all thumbs, sad to say but I'll try. Again, Thank you for showing interest, Rick