Model Cars Magazine Forum

59’ Cadillac Eldorado

vancouver71

Happy Holidays to everybody.

Long story short , a few years back I started to do car modeling, unfortunately after few attempts, I was not happy with what I was doing then I quit for more than 2 years. Finally, yesterday I decided to give it a go one more time with this 59’ Cadillac Eldorado...

Thank you

591245A0-3453-4AA3-9D98-4902DB27C19F.jpeg

6C225509-AEE0-434E-B6FE-85440639E253.jpeg

29A84C15-F40E-4EB2-B242-EFD2D209A210.jpeg

You are doing the right thing Mickael to have another go, and by the looks of it your Cadillac is going to turn out fine. I returned to building scale model cars after 50 years, which I know sounds ridiculous, so only 2 years is probably the break you needed. I can see there's lots of chrome work involved with that '59 Eldorado and Bare Metal Foil is a wonderful material for the task. I have been using BMF for the past year now and only recently I decided to try the Molotow Liquid Chrome pens, not as a replacement for BMF but more as an alternative for certain smaller and more difficult areas. Like BMF, the LIquid Crome pen is a marvellous tool and I've already produced some excellent results with headlamp surrounds, windscreen surrounds and mouldings for doors and wings. The pen has a 1 mm tip and holds 4 ml of liquid chrome, it is re-fillable forom 30 ml refills and the product is not expensive. Easy to use and clean too. I build 1950's Rolls-Royce Silver Clouds mainly.

David

Hi David, 

thank you for your kind words.

I have never heard about this Molotow pen , I am definitely gonna check it out. It would be handy on areas such as doors pillars etc.

The product that I use for chrome is actually a roll of aluminium foil for heat insulation and is probably a little ticket than BMF for modelling.

thank you ?