Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harder and Steenbeck Infinity Airbrush 2 in 1 Set

Hi,

This is a great air brush, feels extremely nice and balanced in hand.

However accessories are expensive and there smaller sized needles/nozzles are not coded so it's possible to mix up.

Also, a small point but there needles are 1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm, 6mm etc...

I prefer odd sizes like 3mm, 5mm etc...

Lastly, this one (non CR) is nickel plated, the newer CR version is chrome plated which I prefer.

I think it's more suited to fine arts.

2 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

This is a great air brush, feels extremely nice and balanced in hand.

However accessories are expensive and there smaller sized needles/nozzles are not coded so it's possible to mix up.

Also, a small point but there needles are 1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm, 6mm etc...

I prefer odd sizes like 3mm, 5mm etc...

Lastly, this one (non CR) is nickel plated, the newer CR version is chrome plated which I prefer.

I think it's more suited to fine arts.

Yes. I only mentioned about .15 and .4 mm that are included in this set specifically. Does that small difference between needle sizes make a lot of difference? (for 1.5 and 2)  I believe I mentioned that the cr plus is available for those that have nickel allergies in the video.

Accessories are on the expensive side but I think these are quality stuff so it will last a long time!  Although I'd like them to be cheaper hehe

Hi,

While I really enjoy my H&S AB, but I'm unsure that I would recommend it for all.  I got mine due to Amazon points.

There support is also very very good as well.  As are there support videos.

Honestly it's a bit advanced for me being a knuckle head.  But I'll grow into it :)

I'd be leery about this brush for hobby work. As Aurf said, it's really more of a fine art brush. The .15 tip is too narrow for the viscosity that the paint we use needs to be at to cover properly... it's more suitable for inks than any hobby paints. The .4mm tip should work for hobby paint, though. Why this particular brush? It's nice, but the Iwata Revolution is an extremely nice brush for half the price with the added benefit of easy availability of replacement parts. I know that the tendency is to want to go with a high-end brush, but an airbrush designed specifically for our hobby is probably a better choice. 

42 minutes ago, jaymcminn said:

I'd be leery about this brush for hobby work. As Aurf said, it's really more of a fine art brush. The .15 tip is too narrow for the viscosity that the paint we use needs to be at to cover properly... it's more suitable for inks than any hobby paints. The .4mm tip should work for hobby paint, though. Why this particular brush? It's nice, but the Iwata Revolution is an extremely nice brush for half the price with the added benefit of easy availability of replacement parts. I know that the tendency is to want to go with a high-end brush, but an airbrush designed specifically for our hobby is probably a better choice. 

I highly recommend the Iwata Revolution, it has a .5mm tip. I have seven airbrushes but it has become my absolute workhorse airbrush.

38 minutes ago, 935k3 said:

I highly recommend the Iwata Revolution, it has a .5mm tip. I have seven airbrushes but it has become my absolute workhorse airbrush.

Which one Dale?, they have different models under that line?

I love my Eclipses .

Edited by martinfan5

8 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

That is nice brush.

I added  the preset handle that fits the eclipse and the evolution. It lets you set needle travel for a fixed spray like a single-action brush.

p-13157-IWS-1555__79045.jpg

Edited by 935k3

1 minute ago, 935k3 said:

I added  the preset handle that fits the eclipse and the evolution. It lets you set needle travel for a fixed spray like a single-action brush.

p-13157-IWS-1555__79045.jpg

Oh nice, so you can use it as a double or single, I am sure that comes in handy.

What i have learned, air brushes can become additive, I dont really need a new one, but sure would have no issues buying a new one just for the heck of it.