Model Cars Magazine Forum

Doc Love's Street Beast Update 3/12/18 Finished

Buffs Fan

This is an interesting project, I'll gotta keep an eye on it! Are you going to build the earlier version of Street Beast with the higher stance or the later, more aerodynamic version? In my opinion the earlier version was a lot cooler, but of course to keep up with the competition I understand that some modifications have to be done...:P

Mike, I am on board to see your build...also like the Street Beast....big head Doc, another story:rolleyes:

I would like to know your reference source. ......other cars from the show I'd like info on.

Carry on Sir!

1 hour ago, W-409 said:

This is an interesting project, I'll gotta keep an eye on it! Are you going to build the earlier version of Street Beast with the higher stance or the later, more aerodynamic version? In my opinion the earlier version was a lot cooler, but of course to keep up with the competition I understand that some modifications have to be done...:P

I am hoping for a lower stance out of it 

1 hour ago, Khils said:

Mike, I am on board to see your build...also like the Street Beast....big head Doc, another story:rolleyes:

I would like to know your reference source. ......other cars from the show I'd like info on.

Carry on Sir!

:lol: I actually like Ol Big head Doc as far as the reference material I have pulled pics off of Twitter and Instagram and have had a few back and forth messages with Doc thru Twitter to get body color codes ETC 

3 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Will be watching this. The street beast is one of my favourite cars on the show. 

3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Cool,I'll be waiting for more pics.

2 hours ago, vintagercr said:

This should be cool

Thanks I hope I dont disappoint 

And finally I spread the filler on the hood and had it smooth-ish until I went to set it down and it stuck to my glove and fell sticky side down so now my sanding will take a little longer than I want but its gotta be right I also filled a couple of small holes on the body where the lower trim was Thanks for looking and as usual any comments, suggestions or critiques are welcome 

thumbnail (5).jpg

Next I started on the power plant the motor is a donor out of the Revell Fireball Firebird match racer I removed the Liberty transmission and used it on another build so for this I am using a resin TH400 that I got from Morgan Automotive Detail (Very high quality piece)

thumbnail (15).jpg

Once I got to the intake I realized that instead of a Tunnel ram style it was an ugly triangle box looking thing so I took the knife to it and made it look a little better the second pic is after painting it

Thanks for looking and as always any comments, suggestions or critiques are welcome 

thumbnail (16).jpg

thumbnail (19).jpg

• Buffs Fan changed the title to Doc Love's Street Beast Update 3/12/18 Finished