Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri 2018

chuckyr

3 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

I would expect italeri are releasing the old esci kits to capitalise on how much they have gone up in value in europe recently. The transit was selling for over £100 every time on ebay and even broken built ups were hitting £60. I cant remember the last time i saw the range rover or land rovers but the esci 70s rally cars they released are selling really well. I hope they are doing this to build funds for some new tooling. If I was in charge thats what I would do, but I'm not a business man

Heller is rereleasing the esci 1/32 Volvo F12 kits with trailers. 

Ben

14 hours ago, chuckyr said:

Personally, I'm very disappointed.  Italeri hasn't offered an all new tool American truck model subject since they offered the Volvo VN kits way back in the early 2000s.  I have been emailing them, writing on their FB page, posting on forums they would listen to, harassing and cajoling them to offer some new American big rig truck and trailer subjects for years.  I have gotten questions directly from them such as, what specific subjects would you want, how much would you be willing to spend, what kind of detail would you like and how would you feel about kits with limited drive train detail. 

As recently as 2016, Italeri had an on line survey specifically about truck kits.  They actually took the time to tally all of the suggestions and present them on their FB page. This was one of at least two surveys Italeri presented on their FB page since it was established.  

Evidently, the survey was just a ruse.  In fact, the new Scania s730 announced last year has been shelve.

Someone said on FB that don't expect any new truck kits from Italeri, at least until 2020.

I was quite disappointed as well. I had hoped that the survey would yield something new or at least a re-tooling like they did with the Peterbilt 378 daycab. I took the time to email them and even translated it from English to Italian thinking it might avoid the language barrier. Perhaps some of the suggestions that were made might see the light of day sometime down the road.

6 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Italeri done a great job on the Merccedes Benz Actros MP4. A Mack Anthem/Titan/granite or new KW produced to that standard would definitely be welcome. Shame about the Scania. Hopefully Drake comes through with their K200 KW and low loader. Drake has sent the prototypes back to China, so we might be in luck.

Ben

There are a few smaller model companies that are filling the void.

1 hour ago, Modeltruckbuilder said:

I was quite disappointed as well. I had hoped that the survey would yield something new or at least a re-tooling like they did with the Peterbilt 378 daycab. I took the time to email them and even translated it from English to Italian thinking it might avoid the language barrier. Perhaps some of the suggestions that were made might see the light of day sometime down the road.

We can only hope.  The problem is, as more time passes, advancements and new subjects keep being introduced.  

4 hours ago, chuckyr said:

There are a few smaller model companies that are filling the void.

You're right. The A&N KW K200 sold out and is in back order. I still think if a current plastic big rig comes to market, it will sell. If the Drake KW K200 comes to market at $120 Australian, it's ahead already price wise of conversion kits.

Ben

• 1 month later...

That Range Rover Police hasn't been available for a long time.  Originally released in the 80's, it was re-issued once long ago in a Humbrol box.  And ESCI did one re-issue of it as a Dutch police vehicle, but that may have been an issue just for the Netherlands, with nothing changed but the box art.

The original kit already had different equipment and decals for a British or Dutch police Rover, with both left and right hand dashboards.  And also the chassis changes for LH/RHD.   As someone said above, they are curbside kits with a couple of irritating problems.  But I'm still very happy to see them back and will be buying a few.  I bought 2 of those in Saudi Arabia many years ago and sold both of them, which I always regretted.

rrov_dutch.jpg

Cool box, I got the original Police version. They also did a Dutch Rijkspolitie version of the Mercedes 190E with a boxart photoshowing a real 190E that has pulled over a Volvo 200 (may be a 260). Revell also had a Duthc police version of the VW Vanagon/T3 Caravelle.