Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Construction Bulldozer

Casey

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Long time lurker but had to add to this topic.

I have a reissue of this kit and found a site for the photo etch and some resin conversion parts

https://papyhobby.com/collections/papyhobby-d8

I ordered the D8K cab option 2 with D8K conversion set, the photo etch,

and the 25 degree blade.

They are located in Quebec, Canada so all prices are in Canadian dollars.

There are several other interesting items here too.

I will post some pics when everything arrives.

Definitely need to get those Cat decals.

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

4 minutes ago, Petriedish said:

I have a reissue of this kit and found a site for the photo etch and some resin conversion parts

and the 25 degree blade.

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

Cool this is a good place to order from?

Just found the site about a month ago and just ordered items today.

I'll let you know if I have any issues .

I am in western Canada , and with no exchange rate to worry about I thought I would give them a try.

The photos are right from the site.

To Mr Mopar: Hey, just realized your a Canuck too!

Edited by Petriedish

12 hours ago, Petriedish said:

Just found the site about a month ago and just ordered items today.

I'll let you know if I have any issues .

I am in western Canada , and with no exchange rate to worry about I thought I would give them a try.

The photos are right from the site.

To Mr Mopar: Hey, just realized your a Canuck too!

Yes I  am B.C  the funny thing is that the Photo Etch comes from Jamie at http://moluminum.com/ I have it on order . and those cab parts look like Jamie's too !

84104142_2814475675280986_3598082717348003840_o.jpg

84066188_2814475661947654_6016531750358876160_o.jpg

84126339_2814475598614327_2145336452114808832_o.jpg

Edited by Mr mopar

51 minutes ago, Petriedish said:

That looks a bit different than what I ordered. I like them both.

I am having some issues with his site at the moment.

Does he carry those tracks too?

I want some!

Never order off his web site it has bugs , but if you want to get something from him use Facebook that's where in do all my ordering from it my take awhile to get from him but well worth every Penny and the wait

I don't know about the tracks Jamie may have them you would have to ask .

15 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Cool this is a good place to order from?

This looks to be Alain Bradet "mackd" who is a member of this forum and builds some awesome models. I may have to place an order myself. He has a lot of cool stuff on this website. It says allow 4 weeks to make. To get it here from Canada would make it about 6 weeks probably.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

Hi friends . It's been a very long time since I posted. I will do it soon. We talk a lot about our site to my son and me. Papyhobby.com. You will find a large amount of CAT parts and more to come. I have the photo tech, the conversion kit for the D8K, the blade at the angle, the rippers with one tooth and triple teeth, the cabs for the K and very soon that for the H. We also have the conversion kennels which will be very Coming soon. I invite you to visit Papyhobby to see our great range of products. We also have a new scale of products 1/50. It may be that sometimes the response to your message is a little late, it is that we have a lot of demand to manage. As is my habit our products are highly realistic. It is my son Dany who manages the site, he will be very happy to answer you.

4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Yes I  am B.C  the funny thing is that the Photo Etch comes from Jamie at http://moluminum.com/ I have it on order . and those cab parts look like Jamie's too !

Hi Guys...

My name is Dany Bradet, I'm Alain Bradet son. Both owners of Papyhobby. To answer your affirmation that the Photo Etch and cab were coming from Jamie... your wrong.

Jamie and us are ordering the Photo Etch from the same supplier, and we are designing and producing our own Cab. If you look closely, the size of the cab, rack and security bar are not even the same.
It's a diffrent model.

As my dad say, we do a lot of parts for the CAT D8, we do conversions for D8K and cabs for D8H too. We do angle blades, Root Plows, Groomer Blade, Different winch models, Rippers of kinds.
Soon, we are going to offer a window/closed Cab model for D8H/K as well. It is coming as we are working on it.

We are offering traction for standard D8H, but also for somebody who want to use D8H gears and traction to do shovel. We offer pads on any size.

So, with that said. Moluminum.com and papyhobby.com are a complementary offer for CAT builds.
We are in this market as a friends. We are working to help the hobby to go somewhere else and keep hobbyist build and craft so your dream come true.
We are like you all... we are still kids in our minds!

Take care of you guys.

D8 - ROOT PLOW  D8 - Winch 02  D8 - 25 DEGREE BLADE

D8H - RIPPER 02 - Triple Shank Ripper Kit   D8K - Kit & Cab Conversion

1 hour ago, dbuilder said:

Hi Guys...

My name is Dany Bradet, I'm Alain Bradet son. Both owners of Papyhobby. To answer your affirmation that the Photo Etch and cab were coming from Jamie... your wrong.

Jamie and us are ordering the Photo Etch from the same supplier, and we are designing and producing our own Cab. If you look closely, the size of the cab, rack and security bar are not even the same.
It's a diffrent model.

As my dad say, we do a lot of parts for the CAT D8, we do conversions for D8K and cabs for D8H too. We do angle blades, Root Plows, Groomer Blade, Different winch models, Rippers of kinds.
Soon, we are going to offer a window/closed Cab model for D8H/K as well. It is coming as we are working on it.

We are offering traction for standard D8H, but also for somebody who want to use D8H gears and traction to do shovel. We offer pads on any size.

So, with that said. Moluminum.com and papyhobby.com are a complementary offer for CAT builds.
We are in this market as a friends. We are working to help the hobby to go somewhere else and keep hobbyist build and craft so your dream come true.
We are like you all... we are still kids in our minds!

Take care of you guys.

D8 - ROOT PLOW  D8 - Winch 02  D8 - 25 DEGREE BLADE

D8H - RIPPER 02 - Triple Shank Ripper Kit   D8K - Kit & Cab Conversion

You have Awesome parts and I'm so glad to see your based in Canada this will make ordering much easier for me  I will shot you an order soon for a cab kit ! and thank you for clearing the PE stuff up I only thought Jamie was doing them .

8 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

I looked at your site and found some things i want to use on mine when i build it.
Do you offer international shipping? i did not find any info about that.

For sure! We do business with international customer for longtime!

Stay safe!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, Petriedish said:

and the 25 degree blade.

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

On 4/19/2020 at 4:48 AM, Mr mopar said:

You have Awesome parts and I'm so glad to see your based in Canada this will make ordering much easier for me  I will shot you an order soon for a cab kit ! and thank you for clearing the PE stuff up I only thought Jamie was doing them .

Very disappointed that this business will not respond to my queries, deliver products that I have paid for or refund my money - a disgrace.

Does anyone know if these guys are still in business?

On 4/19/2020 at 4:48 AM, Mr mopar said:

Are you guys still in business - waiting three months now for an order - can you please get back to me?

1 hour ago, Steve Franklin said:

Very disappointed that this business will not respond to my queries, deliver products that I have paid for or refund my money - are these guys still in business?

1 hour ago, Steve Franklin said:

Are you guys still in business - waiting three months now for an order - can you please get back to me?

Very disappointed that this business will not respond to my queries, deliver products that I have paid for or refund my money - are these guys still in business?

After reading so many negative stuff about this compony ,I never did order anything from them !

Steve,

They were terrible for me too, waited a long time for stuff I ordered and paid for. Kept getting told they would be sent out soon, never happened.

I had to go to PayPal about them with my order, and as soon as I registered a complaint I received notice from them that my stuff was on it's way.

I eventually received my order.

Too bad because they have some nice and interesting stuff, but I'm not going to use them again.

Jamie at Moluminum was fantastic, I would use him again.

Demetre