Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '67 Mustang Mach 1 concept

pack rat

Super nice resto, and your higher rear ride height with larger rear tires that stick out just a bit further than those on the real car do wonders for the stance. I always thought that the 1:1 looked a bit too much like a tail dragger with those radiused rear wheel wells and stock fronts, but yours brings it all together and makes it work. A++.

As I wrote earlier, that is one nice build of that car.

Last year, I made several attempts to get a buildable Mach 1, as it was one of my grails, but the pricing of the acceptable kits and restorable models were out of reach pricewise for me, So I am going to convert the un-built "Iron Horse" variant of this tool that I have to as close to a "Mach 1 as I can get. It wont have the script on the rear quarters, but I have a couple of sets of Appliance "Apache" mags, and I can move the fuel fillers from the deck to the sail panels. I even think that I can fake the side windows.

7 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

As I wrote earlier, that is one nice build of that car.

Last year, I made several attempts to get a buildable Mach 1, as it was one of my grails, but the pricing of the acceptable kits and restorable models were out of reach pricewise for me, So I am going to convert the un-built "Iron Horse" variant of this tool that I have to as close to a "Mach 1 as I can get. It wont have the script on the rear quarters, but I have a couple of sets of Appliance "Apache" mags, and I can move the fuel fillers from the deck to the sail panels. I even think that I can fake the side windows.

It's do-able Ron....go for it. 

A tip re the hood..if you have a 67/68 annual hood in your stash, it's the very same part used on the Mach 1  

8 hours ago, pack rat said:

It's do-able Ron....go for it. 

A tip re the hood..if you have a 67/68 annual hood in your stash, it's the very same part used on the Mach 1  

I have a lot of hoods without models to go with them. I believe that I have one. If not,  I know where I can get one.