Model Cars Magazine Forum

IRT - Wow those guys are nuts !

• 1 month later...

They are nuts! The most current seasons are filmed here in Manitoba , home base for the companies now featured is Winnipeg , due north from North Dakota. With our freaky climate it take nerves of steel to drive the winter roads here! The show does provide lots of interesting model truck projects !

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Ice Road Truckers series has run over here, on History Channel and a couple of our Swedish cable channels...I have seen the program from time to time but I don't like the fake dramas the TV production companies keeps up with in this and many other reality shows, for example in the IRT series they use the same pre recorded cracking popping noises and adds them on in the background as soon as the wheels of the trucks goes out onto the ice...every time...never fails, and the narrator keeps exaggerating the dangers, the fake competition and so on.
So I have pretty much stopped watching the show as I have done with many other so called reality shows as I think most of them have outlived themselves after too many seasons...nothing new, just repetition of the same type of events over and over and the excitement is over.

Edited by Force

2 hours ago, Force said:

[...]
So I have pretty much stopped watching the show as I have done with many other so called reality shows as I think most of them have outlived themselves after too many seasons...nothing new, just repetition of the same type of events over and over and the excitement is over. []

I've seen only a couple of these shows.  Your comment can apply to all TV reality shows.  Cracks me up to have the person trudging through deep snow, like we know it's difficult, but what about the camera man who has the freaking equipment that needs the battery charged, and the lens not messed up?  Should be a reality show about cameramen (better with camerawomen) following drama queens around.  One day I marathon watched that show about street racing, (Outlaws?) got so burned out with all the ads, and then replaying the last 15 minutes because they assume you forgot what happened during the ads, all the drama with testosterone on steroids, never have watched again.