Model Cars Magazine Forum

http://www.mshobbies.com are they ok?

does anyone know if http://www.mshobbies.com are ok to order from? i placed an order at the end of last week and i havent heard anything other than the original order confirmation. Most places seem to send out the next day or two. I know it is still early, but i havent ordered from them before, so i am a little worried.  I couldnt find anything on expected lead times either.

i dont mind waiting, just want to be sure they are still in business

UPDATE: i did not contact them, however they contacted me that they are out of stock on the item i ordered, but it will be back in stock after a specified time. I am glad to hear from them without me having to contact them. this thread can be closed

Edited by youpey

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to give an update. It has been 1 month since my order and not a shipping notice. i asked them to refund me because it is past the amount of time they said and, honestly, i have placed two orders from england and they have both arrived before this one (first was ordered and received before placing second order and both arrived before this). i understand they might be an honest company, but 1 month is too long. 

if i knew it would have taken this long upon placing the order, i would not have placed it and i would have bought it from the company in england, and it would have arrived, and i probably would be halfway done with it. 

Edited by youpey

3 hours ago, youpey said:

I just wanted to give an update. It has been 1 month since my order and not a shipping notice. i asked them to refund me because it is past the amount of time they said and, honestly, i have placed two orders from england and they have both arrived before this one (first was ordered and received before placing second order and both arrived before this). i understand they might be an honest company, but 1 month is too long. 

if i knew it would have taken this long upon placing the order, i would not have placed it and i would have bought it from the company in england, and it would have arrived, and i probably would be halfway done with it. 

Do you have a link for the place in England that you ordered from?

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

Well that's disappointing, to say the least. Unfortunately the next test is the promptness of the refund...

they sent the refund right away. it is still pending from paypal and says it will be available by tomorrow.   I dont doubt that i would have eventually received the model, and that they are a trustworthy seller, but i was really disappointed that they didnt list it as being out of stock on their site and the wait time was so long. Had i known, i would have just ordered it from the place in england instead.