Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see those IH Scouts

I know there are a couple of threads on the Ertl/AMT International Scout kits, but with the announcement of Round2 bringing back this classic and original SUV, I thought it was time to show my favorite truck of all time. I'll start with my rendition of my own personal 1:1 Scout. It's been literally 25 years in the making.I started it when I was in collage driving the real one. My skills weren't up to the challenge of building it to match the real thing, so away it went for the next 25 years. Now after honing my skills for a few years and many models and slotcars later, I finished it up last year. I used photos of my real one to scratchbuild and superdetail many things on it, including in the engine bay. Here's  some pics:

20171202_124351.jpg

Here's my latest project, a Scout SS kit. I added a scratchbuild 6" lift to it and the wheels/tires, front bumper and mirrors from the Revel Jeep Rubicon kit. I'm not quite done with it yet, I want to swap out the stock rear bumper with something else. Might change or add a few other things too.

Jeff 

20180701_122234.jpg

7 minutes ago, D. Battista said:

Very nice Jeff I really like what you did with the orange one...!!  Nice look..!

Thanks, I used VHT Chevy engine orange to paint the body. I always wished I had a real one just like this.

Jeff

19 minutes ago, bismarck said:

Did you scratch the door cutouts, or is that a resin piece? Sweet truck. I've been working one one of these myself. Yours looks fantastic!!

Thank you. The doors are the way the SS model kit is made. The body and the interior tub are cut out that way from the factory. I have seen resin body kits to use with the stock kits, but I can't remember who makes them. I have been told that Round2 is going to rerelease the SS kit made originally by Ertl sometime late summer/ fall. I hope so, I'd like to build a stock one like in the movie Hooper.

16 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

I heard that the Scout SS version is going to be re-released, is that true?

Thats the rumor I heard. I saw the list of new releases from a dealer friend last week and it included the AMT Scout. Didn't say which one specifically,  just a Scout kit. Rumor  I heard is it is the SS version. Hope to find out soon.

Jeff

I just finally saw the video from Round2 for their next releases and the Scout SS kit is up next for release. Guess I'll have to start saving money now for a half case's worth,  uuggghhh! This hobby is gonna be my downfall,.lol. 

Jeff

• 1 month later...