Model Cars Magazine Forum

WW II Jeep by MPC

David G.

I think Danny at Scene Unlimited used to offer military tires, might be worth checking with him to see if he still has the molds. I think this Jeep would have sold more to the military modelers IF it had the correct tires, IMO.

Nice work on this one, the weathering looks good!

22 hours ago, dragmodels44 said:

That is looking awesome! Great weathering. I’d built this 1/43 diorama for my dad who drove a Willy’s when he served in the Big Red One while stationed in Europe in 1962. 

8E2D7F0D-972F-4730-A6BF-0D8952E96AE7.jpeg

Thanks Steve. Nice Dio, thanks for posting it.

David G.

58 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

I think Danny at Scene Unlimited used to offer military tires, might be worth checking with him to see if he still has the molds. I think this Jeep would have sold more to the military modelers IF it had the correct tires, IMO.

Nice work on this one, the weathering looks good!

Thanks Mike, I believe that you're correct about the tires. I was a little disappointed with the 70s era off-road Goodyears.

David G.

31 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Not as tacky as the "show car shine" the rest of the picture has. Must be ready for a parade, not a battle.

David yours looks great, I say it's dirty because it just came back from the front line. I don't think they had car washes out on the field! ?

Thanks Patrick, that's just the look I'm going for.

David G.