Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about wires on a Lindberg 1938 custom van

I have been working on building this one for a long time. I am hung up on adding engine detail as there is not much room in the engine bay, however wanting to add spark plug wires to the engine. Does anyone have any photos, or have installed plug wires on this kit? I have searched the internet and all that comes up is a few that have not been added to. any help much appreciated...

lindberg-1938-custom-ford-van-1-24.jpg

Edited by Darren B

posting at the same time...

Mike has it -This kit is based on the Testor's Smoothster kit so engine detailing should be the same  Aa image or video search on Google for Boyd's Smoothster should turn up some information.   Most of the wires and plumbing will be routed or covered and won't show.  The tech sheet shows the engine is a 1992 LT-1 small block Chevy - The LT-1 used the opti-spark ignition with a distributor on the timing cover behind the water pump.

hope this helps

53 minutes ago, oldnslow said:

Just looking at Boyd's builds , everything is hidden , except the brake lines to the master cylinder .

image.jpg

Yeah I am getting that from what I am seeing now, I probably will not add any wires anyway they would be not seen anyway.  It looks much cleaner that way however. Thank you guys for all your help.

Edited by Darren B